Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

ONI - Oxygen Not Included, a new sandbox survival game

Started by xMarminq_, March 03, 2017, 02:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xMarminq_

So this is where he's been....   

ONI is a really cool sandbox game that takes place in an asteroid where you command a crew to survive! Using the materials around you, you can create many things including but not limited to: Airlocks, gardens, Tile (oooooh!! tile!!) massage tables, water purification systems, and more! But there is a twist. Oxygen is in limited supply! Will you survive an X amount of days?! (No end game, it's an alpha)

It is $19.99 USD on the steam workshop
http://store.steampowered.com/app/593590

I'm sure there are some cracked versions though if you want to be that guy.....  <_<
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm interesting concept. I doubt I have the patience to spend much time on a simulation/building game right now but I am sure people will like it if they can afford the $20 it costs
Quote from: xMarminq_ on March 03, 2017, 02:30:31 AMI'm sure there are some cracked versions though if you want to be that guy.....  <_<
Don't.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

xMarminq_

p2

Meh I pretty much dislike Steam as it's worse than many beta stuff on a mac...
Steam asks for lots of permissions but in the end still doesn't work properly :P
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

xMarminq_

p2

Really sucks how lots of games like age of empires HD are available ONLY on steam... :/ disqualifies that game for real retro feelings, it's just not the same... :(
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

I actually tolerate Steam because of their insane Summer sales where you can get plenty of games for $5 instead of $60, but I usually prefer buying physical copies. Plus it annoys me that we have to start Steam (which takes a while) just to play the game (or in my case, use RPG Maker)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

well. what if you never close it???? imo, you should be able to launch games without steam launched, or have steam launched if you like the interface.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

WholeWheatBagels

I used to let Steam start on startup, then I turned it off and now my computer boots twice as fast.  <_<

Steam usually doesn't take that long to start for me; granted, I usually use it for a while before starting it. Go figure.
Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

Dream of Omnimaga

Nowadays, I usually keep Steam open at any time because I bought the official English localization of RPG Maker 2003 on Steam (kinda weird that it took 15 years before they finally release a legit English version) and I believe it's setup to run on startup, but otherwise I keep it closed. I prefer having as less programs starting on startup as possible to minimize my PC startup time. Note that my PC is a first generation i7 from early 2010, though, and Steam takes much longer to startup because it downloads updates on almost every single start.

xMarminq_

Unicorn

Hmmm... I may get this guy if my budget allows once there's a sale.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???