You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

TI-84 Plus fails OS validation after multiple re-install attempts

b/General Help Started by E37, August 11, 2016, 05:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/p2 August 15, 2016, 07:49:41 PM
The last time it was a newer version (I think it was 2.55) then it crashed....
and now I just sent 2.43 without using unsigned or anything.... something must've been really messed up xD
u/Dream of Omnimaga August 24, 2016, 06:23:28 AM
If you had an older boot code then you can downgrade from 2.55MP without any extra tool. Anyway I'm glad your calcs are now fixed :)

u/Dream of Omnimaga February 06, 2024, 10:40:41 PM
An increasing amount of users with the recent OS validation loop problem on the TI-84 Plus CE are visiting this topic but since it was originally about another similar issue I wanted to link to the TI Education page about what to do if you have a revision AA TI-84 Plus CE/CE Python calculator stuck in a boot loop when plugged in.

https://education.ti.com/en/customer-support/knowledge-base/ti-83-84-plus-family/troubleshooting-messages-unexpected-results/40446

A few months ago, Texas Instruments released an older batch of TI-84 Plus CE and CE Python calculators, probably due to failure to rotate their inventory properly at one point in time and by the time those calculators (revision AA from 2022) made it to stores the batteries inside those calcs became completely discharged or dead.
Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 10:43:23 PM by Dream of Omnimaga
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators