Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CSE] Bejeweled CSE [Hybric Basic]

Started by unknownloner, July 05, 2015, 04:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

I didn't edit the code ever. But, I just played it today, again, and it worked. So it may have been another program that caused the bug.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Sometimes it's just DCS acting up after numerous misuses or running some incompatible programs (such as AssemblyBandit games). A RAM clear and sometimes deleting the DCS8 appvars before the reset often fixes the issue.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 21, 2015, 05:39:59 AM
Sometimes it's just DCS acting up after numerous misuses or running some incompatible programs (such as AssemblyBandit games). A RAM clear and sometimes deleting the DCS8 appvars before the reset often fixes the issue.
True, I did a RAM clear recently, that may have been it :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I remember whn I didn't know you could archive programs on my 84+ and the first ram clear was when I was coding a zelda home-screens clone, I was so mad :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 22, 2015, 03:06:19 PM
I remember whn I didn't know you could archive programs on my 84+ and the first ram clear was when I was coding a zelda home-screens clone, I was so mad :P
Oh, that sucks. At least Doors CS removes that problem usually. Its not a pain to run programs anymore :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Don't worry that broke some really bad coding habits :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

YEah data losses like this always suck. That said, even if your stuff is archived it's still a good idea to back up often because your archive can corrupt. (which happened to me with Illusiat 2002)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 30, 2015, 04:15:48 PM
YEah data losses like this always suck. That said, even if your stuff is archived it's still a good idea to back up often because your archive can corrupt. (which happened to me with Illusiat 2002)
Yup, I had that happen a few times after playing an ASM game. (I had backed up the day before luckily)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

The stuff i make on my calc are always just tests anyway, real big projects i always do on PC.
(also: axe's backup function)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Does the latter work 100% of the time though? A few years ago, Axe's backup function sometimes did the complete opposite of what it was supposed to do: It deleted the entire project instead of backing it up. (kinda like BrandonW's fake reset program that actually reseted the RAM for real)

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 31, 2015, 05:36:33 PM
Does the latter work 100% of the time though? A few years ago, Axe's backup function sometimes did the complete opposite of what it was supposed to do: It deleted the entire project instead of backing it up. (kinda like BrandonW's fake reset program that actually reseted the RAM for real)
lol, I be that was fixed quickly.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 31, 2015, 05:36:33 PM

I use Axe 1.2.2 on my calc and i've never had any problems with the backup function
inb4 jinx
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

I never figured axe out. Maybe I should see what I can do with it now. Or maybe I souls finish my current projects. :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

THe bug was fixed but it took several versions IIRC.

unknownloner

I still have to re-position the UI elements (the score bar is missing and the text is on top of the game),
but TI-84+CE Pure BASIC Bejeweled coming soon.

"But what about colorblind people? They're all the same shape!"
Worry not, I'm going to include a second color-blind mode executable that uses different text symbols
for tiles, which you can use if you have trouble seeing color or just don't like the way the colors look.

Sorry about the breathing BTW, didn't realize it was so loud!

/)