* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Post your game purchases and collection!  (Read 27388 times)

Online DJ Omnimaga

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Forum Maintenance
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Topic Management
  • Post Rating Ratio: +83/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • View Profile
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Re: Post your game purchases and collection!
« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2017, 07:13:10 am »
Yeah, I was surprised because Rodea was sealed and only $30. Maybe it's not as rare as it seems or the demand is just too low for it. In any case I was sure that once the version with both discs got discontinued that the price would go up like what happened with Bayonetta 2

EDIT: Also I dunno but I think when you buy a game with trade-in credits you don't pay any taxes (at least, in my area), and I read on various forums that this happened to some people who bought games at a different store (EB Games)
You're a fraudster DJ.
I heard it depends of which state/province you live in. In any case, if the store has to report profits they made to the government for tax stuff, then a trade-in means that either money was lost or nothing at all was lost (depending of if credits or real money was given back to the customer), and when the customer buys a new game with credits then the transaction doesn't involve any real money.

So I guess it might make sense that they didn't charge taxes (even though it's kinda using a loophole).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:16:05 am by DJ Omnimaga »
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX, HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Offline gameblabla

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +9/-5
  • TI-nspire porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2017, 07:56:18 am »
Yeah, I was surprised because Rodea was sealed and only $30. Maybe it's not as rare as it seems or the demand is just too low for it. In any case I was sure that once the version with both discs got discontinued that the price would go up like what happened with Bayonetta 2
Same, it's quite uncommon and despite this, day one copies are sellng for a reasonable price, although they are priced much higher than the 3DS and standalone Wii U ports. (both sells for less than 20$, if not less...)
In twenty years though, it will surely increase in value.

I heard it depends of which state/province you live in. In any case, if the store has to report profits they made to the government for tax stuff, then a trade-in means that either money was lost or nothing at all was lost (depending of if credits or real money was given back to the customer), and when the customer buys a new game with credits then the transaction doesn't involve any real money.
You still cheated though. That money could have gone towards weapons being sent to Arabia Saudia, how dare you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:17:00 am by gameblabla »
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, TI-89

Online DJ Omnimaga

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Forum Maintenance
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Topic Management
  • Post Rating Ratio: +83/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • View Profile
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2017, 09:35:51 pm »
It depends I guess. The PS2 has many rare games that came out 10-15 years ago, yet only a dozen is worth anything decent. Even factory-sealed copies of Persona 4 still go for $10.
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX, HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games