Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI 84+/83+] DovahCalc

Started by Snektron, April 14, 2015, 05:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh do you use the special version of Omnicalc? If not then it's possible that ZStart fixed the issues that MP Oses had with Omnicalc/xLIB. And IIRC ZStart got a font hook but I don't know if it's supported by default. DCS7 lacks one.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

I just got the most recent version of omnicalc. And i don't have ZStart or anything installed, just DovahCalc, omnicalc and some font. Also whats up with Cataloghelp?
if i run its hook with dovahcalc enabled it just clears the hook.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

You might need to ask in a help topic. It seems strange... O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Update:
- fixed the small letters bug
- added hook chaining (now usable with omnicalc and such). Turns out the error i had earlier was i jumped 1 instruction before he hook to chain to (and some oter stuff).
   It works now, and i wrote a small chain utility included in the zip (source/DovahClc/HookChain.z80) so chaining will be easier for me in the future. It stores the 4 bytes of
   the previous hook in a defined location in ram, for faster lookup. It also stores an extra check byte to check if the data is still intact. (This utility can be used by anyone, if
   they want to).

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome to see a release. Do I need to install this and other apps in a specific order? I'll give this a try later. :)

Snektron

Well, yeah since it chains, you need to install it later than any other fonthooks. For example if you use omnicalc, enable omnicalc's hooks first and then enable DovahCalc.
If you use apps without font hooks it doesn't really matter, since theyre not affected by eachother anyways :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok, I guess it depends if your hook overwrites parts of DCS7 hooks then, since DCS7 uses over 9000 of them for Omnicalc+xLIB+Celtic+Homerun (unless I am missing something?)

CKH4

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 18, 2015, 06:14:33 PM
over 9000
Lol.

Anyway good luck on getting the rest of it to work. Maybe you'll port it to be a zstart font which would save people with zstart 10000 ram.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 18, 2015, 06:14:33 PM
Ah ok, I guess it depends if your hook overwrites parts of DCS7 hooks then, since DCS7 uses over 9000 of them for Omnicalc+xLIB+Celtic+Homerun (unless I am missing something?)
Well it chains, not breaks. All hooks should still work :)

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 14, 2015, 08:00:13 PM
Interesting. I never heard of that Dovahzul thing before. Do you think it could be made as a separate font so that people with Omnicalc and other apps supporting fonts can use it without the program?

Also since this looks like a standalone hook program, I wonder how hard it would be to port it to the CSE so that people can have custom fonts (hint: New FF:MF graphics? :P) and if it would be possible to make the hook chain with DCSE?
This could be used to create custom sprites (replace a letter that you probably won't use like theta with a custom sprite for your character)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Snektron

I'm actually developing a version for  the CSE. Maybe i'll do the letter replace thing later though, cause that'll defenitely be cool. Since i have t his chain hook utillity it'll also be possible to chain with DCSE, xLIB and celtic hooks. Though i made a small Java app to create the letter data, since the data layout is really weird and not at all doable by hand :/. Also i'd have to find a big enough place of ram that won't get violated (one of the ram pages?) since an appvar would be too slow :(

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: 123outerme on April 18, 2015, 07:50:34 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 14, 2015, 08:00:13 PM
Interesting. I never heard of that Dovahzul thing before. Do you think it could be made as a separate font so that people with Omnicalc and other apps supporting fonts can use it without the program?

Also since this looks like a standalone hook program, I wonder how hard it would be to port it to the CSE so that people can have custom fonts (hint: New FF:MF graphics? :P) and if it would be possible to make the hook chain with DCSE?
This could be used to create custom sprites (replace a letter that you probably won't use like theta with a custom sprite for your character)
yeah that's what I had in mind, since it was done before on the 84+. Being able to use the font from archive and install it on game launch would be best, though.

Snektron

I'd be cool, though xLIB (i think it's xLIB)  seems to not draw sprites via the tokenhook :/

Dream of Omnimaga

Aw sorry to hear. I remember that DCSE had issues before that caused sprites to mess up the Output command. I wonder if that could be related?

One thing you could do is ask on Cemetech where you could place your font hook to ensure full functionality of Doors CSE, since, after all, Kerm is the one who made DCS. @tr1p1ea might be able to help, though, since he wrote xLIB, which is included in DCSE.