Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your IQ - Take the test now <3

Started by p2, March 21, 2017, 08:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p2

I was really wondering about what the average IQ (intelligence quotient) of a programming forum was O.O

Please take the test all of you  :thumbsup:
You can take the test there:
http://test.mensa.no
Also please mind that even if you suck at this test and score 80 (the average is 100) this doesn't mean you're retarded.
There are lots of different types of intelligence and this only tests one of them ^^
(I wrote a thingy about IQ tests so trust me, u're not necessarily stupid if u suck at this test)
<80 smile!
=100 ur the average
>130 ur super intelligent
>145 ur hyper intelligent
Mind that the test will take like half an hour, so don't do it when ur in a hurry :)

My results:

• Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

This test is much harder than the one I took on Omni, but also shorter. Mensa gave me 123

The Omni test and many others gave me around 110, though, but the crappy tests that are too easy and short (such as Facebook IQ tests) usually gives me 130-150.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

_iPhoenix_

I got 143

I agree with DJ on that. But I have some insight. In reality, an IQ test that is mostly matching pictures and finding algorithms (which I bet most of us are good at, we program stuff!) really only tests your ability to match pictures and find algorithms.

I think they should be (and real ones are) standardized tests. (dun dun DUN). In fact, tests like the SAT are (to my knowledge) designed to test IQ.

I still like the figure of 143, though. I don't think I'm that smart. (Today I walked into like 3 walls. And pulled on a door that said "push" in giant bold letters)

EDIT: We were discussing it on IRC, and Sorunome made a good point:
Quote from: SorunomeSorunome: you had a great advantage if 1st: you know bitwise and/or/xor, 2nd: you are familiar with matrices, 3rd: hug a plush fox and 4th: have mateo's number on your phone
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

kotu

not sure if i was taking the same test here

not too sure about the accuracy of the test.

i got a 115

when i have taken IQ tests before (twice when at school) i scored consistently about 140

on other IQ tests online , i have scored between 130 and 150.  <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Yuki

There's a ton of tests about IQ, and no one will give the same results.

Well, I got a good 135, which is not bad.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

TheMachine02

Got a 115 but yeah I am bad at matching pattern and I had to do it quickly (10min instead of '30min). Anyway, yeah, it only test one aspect of IQ, it is hard to get a good general test. Usually those last at least 2 or 3 hours and are a collection of multiple stuff. Quite more accurate I'll say. (I did one actually when I was young and I am supposed to be >130). But I know for a fact that I am much more a space visualisation guy than a 2D pattern matching machine :p

c4ooo

I feel stupid now. Whats a shame is that i got much higher on other tests, looks like my IQ went down >.<

CVSoft

The website told me 131, but I was professionally tested at 140.
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-81, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-84 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89 Titanium

WholeWheatBagels

128!   :w00t:

Which satisfies me b/c it's a power of 2. (No, I don't have OCD.  :P)
Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

p2

wow looks like the average (at least on this test) is 128, which is pretty impressive O.O
And still theres the point of many people scoring a little bit lower on this test O.O
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

gameblabla

My IQ is 108

This one seems more accurate because one iq test i tried told me that my iq was 0... lol
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

They should have made this test so that it doesn't test your skills only in one single field of interest.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

it's funny you say that

the 2 iq tests i took at school (which both said iq 140) were both exactly the same sort of thing, basically all (i think) pattern matching

that and my method for determining a best answer was improved when i took this test  (-_(//));

quality

*edit*
i may now be stupid compared to when i was 14 however i will say this when i was 14 in a uk-wide maths challenge my result was in the top 0.07% - best in school. therefore i expect my actual iq to be over 130  :P
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

_iPhoenix_

I made a form for the results.
Form here!

I will be posting the spreadsheet of results soon :)
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm that shall be interesting. I wonder what is the average.