Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Making Axe games that uses up to 1.5 MB executable code theoretically possible

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 20, 2017, 05:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Does editing it require some ASM knowledge or other tech-savy stuff?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Sorunome

it should require modifying the app header, the branch table and re-signing with rabbitsign. So i guess knowing how to use a hex editor and what to look for would help.

This is OFC just theoretical, i haven't done so myself yet ;)
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. I guess the easiest solution, assuming you have an easy time dealing with external appvars, would be the hybrid TI-BASIC approach. There's also a way to turn programs into appvars with Tokens IIRC as well as Doors CS 7, to avoid having to clutter the PRGM menu, but both ways either requires Celtic III or Doors CS 7 to be installed on your calculator.

At least hybrid TI-BASIC is good for one thing :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

E37

@Sorunome if you could try that and give me a little tutorial on how to do it, I would be really grateful.
Even a pointer on how the header is structured and how to find what page it is on would be really nice.
Also, do the pages have to be in sequential order in memory?
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>