* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Old Android devices  (Read 1109 times)

Offline gameblabla

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +11/-6
  • TI-nspire porter
    • View Profile
Re: Old Android devices
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 09:45:47 pm »
Is it the KFSOWI kindle? I have one of those and it is not as complete sh*t as the older ones.
Its actually usable by some miracle?!?  O.O  :crazy:
It's a FORD one
It's an okay tablet if you can put it on cyanogenmod but this does not solve the horrible battery life, due to the signed bootloader
and crappy amazon's kernel.
I absolutely hate FireOS, it's just bad.
In some ways, it's worse than the KFSOWI and some other old Fire tablets because at least you can unlock the bootloader
and fix those issues.
Not here though...

About the iPhone 4, didn't it have exploding battery issues?
Apparently yes, someone's iphone caught fire. But even the 3GS had burning issue. (someone got his legs burned due the iphone 3GS)
I guess it doesn't help the fact that the battery is not removable.
Oh, it's quite thick too. (not as much as a dik but you no)
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, TI-89

Offline DJ Omnimaga

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • CodeWalrus Staff
  • Super User
  • Forum Maintenance
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Topic Management
  • Post Rating Ratio: +91/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • View Profile
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Re: Old Android devices
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 05:28:12 am »
I'm kinda late but I lol'ed at your last sentence @gameblabla XD

Also I think the early iPhone issues were the same as many devices that used older batteries: Older batteries sometimes lacked a protection against overcharging and the protection against complete discharges was non-existent. Nowadays batteries are more safe, even though I bet letting your PS Vita or Wii U gamepad battery at 0% charge for 2 years could cause the same problem the next time you try to let it charge

I am curious if the Samsung i5510 battery was affected by this...
  • Calculators owned: TI-73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)
??? ??? ??? ???

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games