Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What are you listening to?

Started by Yuki, January 04, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Im sometimes a week with my grandparents and they too have that kind of music playing on the radio most of the time. On time it even played rickroll O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah that's cool lol. Some will just listen to classical music, but I guess some tend to like what our parents liked as well, so that can help. I have yet to meet a senior person outside concert venues that listens to heavy metal, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

My parents like classical but i don't though. Maybe it's the generation gap :P

Dream of Omnimaga

In my case my mom didn't like that kind of music much. It was more Celine Dion, as well as 70-90's pop artists until a few years ago where she somehow got into mainstream pop and dance music (eg Rihanna). Most likely the generation gap, although I notice that in the TI community there are quite a lot of people who like classical music.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

My dad listens classical a lot, eg Bach, Vivaldi and the like. I also like this kind of music but I don't listen to it that much because it's not exactly the type of music to put on in the background while you are working on something. I do know pieces like Bachs 'Matthaus Passion' by heart, though.
I've been practicing 'Do I Wanna Know' by the Arctic Monkeys with a housemate. I'm not into this style of music but the song's pretty easy and I guess playing any kind of music is awesome :)
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah my gripe about classical is how it's calm and quiet then suddenly there are two very loud notes. It's awesome for that but it makes it not ideal to relax or concentrate.

Yuki

That's the soundtrack of a project I'm making for school. So of course I'm gonna listen to it a lot.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Sounds cool :D
EDIT: also, you got post id 6969, L'OL

Dream of Omnimaga

This really sound nice. For what part of your game are you using this and what game genre?

Yuki

Not a game, we have to make a 30 to 60-second ad with stock photos.
Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on March 13, 2015, 03:43:40 PM
EDIT: also, you got post id 6969, L'OL
huehuehue
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wow I remember this school project now. I did it as well in 2004. I forgot where we picked our stock photos but IIRC mine was themed about outdoor activities with a strong focus on extreme sports. It was 320x240 and I used Darude - Sandstorm as track lol.

Snektron

Sounds like a quite fun project though :3

novenary

Been slowly getting back into rock (the Rolling Stones, Green Day, ACDC, Royal Republic, Muse, RHCP, Superbus), besides that I still listen to the same metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Twilight Force) on a regular basis.

Snektron

I'm still listening to EDM and such :P. Though i quite like rock too, i just don't listen to it as much.

Dream of Omnimaga

What kind of EDM in general? Because there are many sub genres. I mostly listen to the mid 90's eurodance and happy hardcore when it comes to EDM. For rock it really depends of which style of rock. Stuff like Coldplay, Muse, Dream Theater won't appeal to me very much, but I like The Killers, Of monsters and men and the extreme genres. Even among the extreme genres it depends too. I don't like A Perfect Murder or System of a Down, for example. If melody sounds like this then there are big chances that I like it even if it's from Bieber (who will most likely never do songs using such melody). :P