Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[java][OpenGL] Walrii PC game

Started by c4ooo, February 13, 2016, 08:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4ooo

An alpha PC game i am writing in java. My current plan is to port The Day The Walrus Flew (aka flappy walrus) to PC. The original calculator will be available to play in a ti84 simulator. Cumred is being a big help with the openGL stuff  8)
Screenies:

here is the screen of the working ti84 "simulator":

SiphonicSugar

Wait, does this just simulate the game on a simulated TI-84 Plus, because that's really cool.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

c4ooo

Quote from: SiphonicSugar on February 13, 2016, 08:58:39 PM
Wait, does this just simulate the game on a simulated TI-84 Plus, because that's really cool.
The calc is "simulated". It does not include any roms, and thus i cant get sued x.x . So basicly TIOS and all the math stuff won't actually be available :P
But it could be an easter egg ;)

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks nice, but the bright blue background might be a bit distracting. Also what will the secomd game be?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Araidia

Nice idea!
But I think the title(of the topic) might be misspelled   ;D
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow I just noticed that. Bad c4ooo :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 06:13:26 PM
Looks nice, but the bright blue background might be a bit distracting. Also what will the secomd game be?
Hmm... Should i make walrii fly around on the other blue background too? Or maybe i could have an image of a table, but IDK if i could make a good transition from the title screen background to an image of a table >.>

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 11:23:51 PM
Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 14, 2016, 11:42:04 PM
Oh. :warii: is not :walrii: :P
Quote from: Araidia on February 14, 2016, 10:36:14 PM
Nice idea!
IDK what you are talking about :trollface:

Dudeman313

Maybe you could do a background of a classic desk, then use a fade transition.
And does the title screen have to be that shade? You could lighten it up, maybe rearrange the entire thing... You know what? I'll just make you a title screen and see if you like it. It seems like one of the Floating Walrii is blending in to the background color, which for some strange reason is hurting my brain. Maybe I have OCD.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: c4ooo on February 15, 2016, 01:58:14 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 06:13:26 PM
Hmm... Should i make walrii fly around on the other blue background too? Or maybe i could have an image of a table, but IDK if i could make a good transition from the title screen background to an image of a table >.>

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 14, 2016, 11:23:51 PM
Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 14, 2016, 11:42:04 PM
Oh. :warii: is not :walrii: :P
Quote from: Araidia on February 14, 2016, 10:36:14 PM
Nice idea!
IDK what you are talking about :trollface:
I was thinking more about a blue background but with less saturation, or perhaps a blue-gray gradient with a darker shade at the bottom. You could maybe make the winged walruses fly in the background like when we type /walrii on WalrusIRC.

Dudeman313

Or you could make the background white and light green, like this site. Personally, I think the CodeWalrus site theme looks professional, welcoming, friendly, and modern without looking thrown together at all. :walrii:
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, to be fair, it was  a little thrown together coding-wise, because when we decided to make the site we wanted to make it public by New Year 2015 and that left us less than 2 months when we installed SMF. A lot of the theme coding was rushed and hacked together from the default them. >.< (we didn't care, though, because when we upgrade to SMF 2.1 we're gonna have to redo it from scratch anyway)

I agree, though, that c4ooo should maybe theme his game more after CW and perhaps Super Walrii Land. I cannot post sprites, though, because they are all dynamically generated by code.

Dudeman313

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 03, 2016, 06:20:34 AM
Well, to be fair, it was  a little thrown together coding-wise, because when we decided to make the site we wanted to make it public by New Year 2015 and that left us less than 2 months when we installed SMF. A lot of the theme coding was rushed and hacked together from the default them. >.< (we didn't care, though, because when we upgrade to SMF 2.1 we're gonna have to redo it from scratch anyway)

I agree, though, that c4ooo should maybe theme his game more after CW and perhaps Super Walrii Land. I cannot post sprites, though, because they are all dynamically generated by code.
Oh.

Now if only @c4ooo would come and see our suggestions, and put in power-ups that turn you into different :walrii: clones and hopefully decide
it's possible to find time to finish...
The answer is "Sure."

c4ooo

Could you guys maybe post some mockups? One thing i could do is replace the blue background with the green tiled background.