Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Halloween

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, October 31, 2016, 10:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

So did anyone have anything planned for Halloween? I'm years past my trick or treating years, but I went to an Halloween party last night with a Jason Vorhees costume. I am tempted to watch an horror movie with ghosts later but I'm still unsure (it needs to be scary).

Some stuff also changed on the forums for a few hours :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 31, 2016, 10:07:48 PM
So did anyone have anything planned for Halloween? I'm years past my trick or treating years, but I went to an Halloween party last night with a Jason Vorhees costume. I am tempted to watch an horror movie with ghosts later but I'm still unsure (it needs to be scary).

Some stuff also changed on the forums for a few hours :P

the eye is quite good its a japanese film i think. not very scary though
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I remember there was an US remake with a Youtube clip that was titled most scary horror movie scene ever, with that guy with a smashed eye floating towards the girl in the elevator. It looks scary but not that much once you know the context/premise. Apparently the Japanese original is much better, but it didn't look that scary either. The Grudge is scary regardless of if it's the remake or not, but the story is split into multiple chunks that are not necessarily told in chronological order, so it kinda ruins the suspense.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Nice logo. Im getting home late after school, so I probably won't do anything.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

I carved a pumpkin with two other people at my anime club. Ran out of time, ended up standard holes in a pumpkin instead of something that looks like Totoro. There was supposed to be a contest, but they scrapped that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on October 31, 2016, 10:34:29 PM
Nice logo. Im getting home late after school, so I probably won't do anything.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Yeah that was the logo we used since October 24th, the day CW became 2 years old.

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 01, 2016, 04:55:14 AM
Yeah that was the logo we used since October 24th, the day CW became 2 years old.

I must be lame or something cause I never noticed :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

It's possible that your cache was not cleared, but that would be weird since we forced a cache refresh after the logo was changed.

Also the following was probably not noticed by many, but for a few hours, the online list looked like this:

And later this:

kotu

what's unusual about those images dj?
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

p2

the "most online today" went down...
But besides from that I cant see anything unusual, too ???
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

ben_g

Look at the colours of the names.

::CMG (UTOPIA)::

At work I won best costume and got a $10 starbucks card... never noticed until this picture that the helmet might be a bit on the short side

also i went to Chiller Theater in Parsippany NJ with my gf who was dressed up as a storm trooper (wanted to be Darth Vader, but there weren't any female costumes for that one).  We took pics, but their in her digital camera and we never had the chance to get them to her computer cause the weekend was "eventful" to say the least (will probably post them next week).  We had a good time (mostly bought alot of c like two giant FNAF stuffed animals), didn't get a chance to meet anyone cause the autograph/photo lines for Tim Curry & Meatloaf were wrapped around the hotel, but they had other guest star panels (like a c star one, I spotted Sara Jay & London Keyes).

p2

is it a self-made helmet or did you buy it somewhere? :)
Also more photos would be really cool, I realyl like your costume  :thumbsup:

wimen wearing stormtrooper suits... That combination sounds great O.O
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: ben_g on November 01, 2016, 09:25:13 PM
Look at the colours of the names.
Yup, that's it

Quote from: ::CMG (UTOPIA):: on November 02, 2016, 01:33:15 AM
At work I won best costume and got a $10 starbucks card... never noticed until this picture that the helmet might be a bit on the short side

also i went to Chiller Theater in Parsippany NJ with my gf who was dressed up as a storm trooper (wanted to be Darth Vader, but there weren't any female costumes for that one).  We took pics, but their in her digital camera and we never had the chance to get them to her computer cause the weekend was "eventful" to say the least (will probably post them next week).  We had a good time (mostly bought alot of c like two giant FNAF stuffed animals), didn't get a chance to meet anyone cause the autograph/photo lines for Tim Curry & Meatloaf were wrapped around the hotel, but they had other guest star panels (like a c star one, I spotted Sara Jay & London Keyes).
I like :)