Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Font Editor for TI-84+ CE???

Started by Dudeman313, February 01, 2016, 01:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Is there one? Or does the TI-OS for this calc have a hidden feature I don't know about?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Sadly, no fond editor yet. I wonder if @Cumred_Snektron would be able to port Dovahcalc CSE to a 8xp file for the CSE, though? Because it changed the font on CSE calcs (although you couldn't make your own fonts)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SiphonicSugar

Hmm... I think that would be really cool if there was a font editor for this calculator.  Welp, I have no idea how to do anything with assembly so I will leave that job up to someone else.
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Note that fonts will not work when using color text with det(12,?,?,?,?) in Doors, though, for speed reasons. I tried running First Fantasy with DovahCalc hooks enabled and Doors CSE color text hooks overrides DovahCalc's.
Quote from: SiphonicSugar on February 01, 2016, 07:43:48 AM
Hmm... I think that would be really cool if there was a font editor for this calculator.  Welp, I have no idea how to do anything with assembly so I will leave that job up to someone else.
What about C @SiphonicSugar ? If you know C then you're in luck, because most people use it instead of ASM.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

What is DovahCalc? And how do I get lowercase letters on my calculator, if I can't change my font?
How hard would it be to make a font editor with no skillz, but the source code to Small Font Editor by E37 at Omnimaga and (maybe)some help?
The answer is "Sure."

novenary

DovahCalc is a program made by @Cumred_Snektron for the CSE which changes the font to some dragon language.

For lowercase letters, it's absolutely not related to the font.

Dudeman313

Does DovahCalc work on the CE?
And how do I get lowercase letters?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Nah it doesn't. It's a CSE APP. THere is a 84+ version too.

To get lowercase letters I think there is an ASM code somewhere you can type on-calc and run. But perhaps CE Textlib includes an option to enable them too. I forgot.

Dudeman313

Alright. I'll install CE Textlib(and Mana Force) when I can find my link cable.
The answer is "Sure."

SiphonicSugar

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 01, 2016, 04:07:48 PM
Note that fonts will not work when using color text with det(12,?,?,?,?) in Doors, though, for speed reasons. I tried running First Fantasy with DovahCalc hooks enabled and Doors CSE color text hooks overrides DovahCalc's.
Quote from: SiphonicSugar on February 01, 2016, 07:43:48 AM
What about C @SiphonicSugar ? If you know C then you're in luck, because most people use it instead of ASM.
Okay, I started trying to learn C, but then I gave up... Is there any calculator oriented programming tutorial(s)?
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

Unicorn

Multiple calc TI BASIC tutorials, wich is what I suggest you try. check ticalc.org for them, as well as ti basic developer.

And if you meant C tutlrials, well, I don't think any have been made that focuses on the calculators. Mateo might make one, but there is no telling.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dudeman313

CE Textlib does not enable lowercase letters. What now?
The answer is "Sure."

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dudeman313

I found a prgm in the Cemetech forum that is supposed to speed up my CE and enable lowercase letters. I'm wondering how to do the lowercase letters alone.  :-|
The answer is "Sure."