Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

LadyBug

Started by Ivoah, April 08, 2016, 01:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh, I forgot it was in ASM. I always assume that CE games are in C, but then I forget that many of the older games are ports of ASM games for the CSE.

Else, there is always the solution of using TI-BASIC or hybrid TI-BASIC but the game would need to be altered significantly.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Oh yeah. Very significantly.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 10, 2016, 05:35:13 AM
Oh, I forgot it was in ASM. I always assume that CE games are in C, but then I forget that many of the older games are ports of ASM games for the CSE.

Yeah, that is an easy mistake to make...

I bet re-creating something like this wouldn't be so hard, you just need a physics engine... And oh  yeah, in later levels the guys move around O.O
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. That said nothing stops the programmer from modifying the game a bit to get around the engine limitations :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Quote from: Unicorn on May 18, 2016, 04:17:41 AMAnd oh  yeah, in later levels the guys move around O.O
They do?? O.O
I haven' t played in quite some time. I also wish that the game saved which level you were on, or had some sort of checkpoint.
The answer is "Sure."

Unicorn

Yeah, it is anoying, but once you beat a level 2-3 times you get the hang of things.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dudeman313

Yeah. I think the highest level I've gotten to is either 6 or 7 though. I need to find time to play it again.
The answer is "Sure."