Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

nPDF how does it work?? PLEASE help!!

Started by SpyZ, February 01, 2016, 12:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpyZ

Hallo!! I am trying to transfer PDF files to my TI Nspire. I have downloaded nPDF and transfered it to my calc, but is sais that it is not supported. Do I have to do something to install it??

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya SpyZ and welcome to the forums. :)

First of all, did you install Ndless on your calculator? It's required to run TI-Nspire documents written in C and ASM language (such as nPDF): http://ndless.me/
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SpyZ

Hallo!! :) Thanks for answering! Yes, I installed the apropriate ndless version for my OS. I also converted my files to pdf.tns from the site. But then, it doesn't work. In order to install nPDF, do I have to do anything else than just transfering the file to my calc?

Dream of Omnimaga

Is the not supported error message on the PDF documents or the nPDF software itself? @Legimet might be able to help you better.

Otherwise, in the meantime, if you don't mind your PDF files being pictures, then you can always use mViewer GX as alternative: https://tiplanet.org/forum/editgx.php?mode=5&lang=en
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SpyZ

It's both on the nPdf software itself and on the pdf files. I'll try mViewer. Thank you very much! :) :) :)

Legimet

Try nPDF.prg.tns instead of nPDF.tns. If you have an older version of Ndless, the Zehn format might not be supported.

EDIT: Also, the next version will only include a PRG file.

SpyZ

Still doesnt work :/ ''the document format is not supported''

SpyZ

Is there anything else I can do?
(Sorry for insisting, but I need it to work tomorrow :P )

Dream of Omnimaga

Try to use the edit button instead of double-posting :). Sadly I don't think anything can be done unless you e-mail the PDF document to @Legimet , though, so that he can check what's wrong. But he seems to only visit the forums every now and then so I doubt your issue will be solved by tommorow D:

Or you can just use mViewer GX instead. It should do the job.

Could it be that your PDF is for an Adobe Reader version that is too old, recent or that your PDF file is too large?

(Note: I can't help much more because I never used nPDF nor mViewer GX for the Nspire myself)

alexgt

Last time I used nPDF was ages ago, so I can't help you much but try resetting your calc, that did the trick sometimes :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Legimet

What versions of nPDF and Ndless are you using, and can you open nPDF.prg.tns? (To find the revision of Ndless, open ndless_resources. Of course, you should say no when it asks you if you want to uninstall Ndless)
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 01, 2016, 01:57:37 AM
Sadly I don't think anything can be done unless you e-mail the PDF document to @Legimet , though, so that he can check what's wrong.

That error message is not an issue with the PDF file. Either SpyZ is running the Zehn file with an old version of Ndless, or the file extensions aren't registered correctly.

lkj

Quote from: Legimet on February 01, 2016, 02:19:02 AM
or the file extensions aren't registered correctly.

@Legimet if nPDF.prg.tns is used but nPDF is registered, ndless won't find the program. Vogtinator told me I should just rename the *.prg.tns file to *.tns (and only release that one).