Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Portal NSpire

Started by LD Studios, January 02, 2015, 02:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I personally liked the 2 pixels thick and textured outline surrounding walls, but the white one still looks nice and reflects the higher resolution I guess. I can't wait for the beta. :D

Hopefully touchpad responsiveness isn't an issue for particularly complex puzzles, though, because sometimes in the TI-OS I notice that when I touch the touchpad, it doesn't always register, so I have to tap the touchpad about 5-10 times until the arrow cursor finally appears.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

LD Studios

I made portal shooting instant, here's a video to demonstrate portal shooting, energy balls and toggle switches:

(the screen recorder i used maxed out at 30 seconds so you miss the end of the level where the energy ball hits the switch, opening the door on the far right)

Dream of Omnimaga

I actually prefer instant portal shooting myself since it allows better timing for particularly demanding puzzles.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

LD Studios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 16, 2015, 11:06:26 PM
I actually prefer instant portal shooting myself since it allows better timing for particularly demanding puzzles.
That's why I changed it :)

Changed around the level, added droppers that can spawn energy balls or cubes, added ability to put the aperture labs logo on blocks:

Changed CKH4's banner thingy to match the current design:

CKH4

I'll edit mine on Monday. I'm going to see about changing it yet. I've spammed my imgur enough already.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I like the droppers idea. :D

You should add levels with traps where there is a button under each of them and pressing the wrong button spawns an energy ball right above you or stuff like that. :D

LD Studios

Added energy beams and glass! Here's a new video:

Dream of Omnimaga

What is that block you are standing on at the beginning? Also lol at the end when the guy tries to be sonic. ;D

Good job :)

LD Studios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 17, 2015, 06:57:13 PM
What is that block you are standing on at the beginning? Also lol at the end when the guy tries to be sonic. ;D

If you're referring to this block:

It is just a box with the aperture labs logo, nothing special about it, just kind of fun to have :P

aetios

Ooh, thats some great progress you're making :D Can't wait for a version to play on calc :D
ceci n'est pas une signature

T.Wang

Do you have the controls down yet? If so, what are they? Because aiming with the nspire trackpad and moving with the "arrow keys" don't work very well on nspires.
Animated Codewalrus sig coming soon!

LD Studios

Quote from: T.Wang on January 18, 2015, 01:14:20 AM
Do you have the controls down yet? If so, what are they? Because aiming with the nspire trackpad and moving with the "arrow keys" don't work very well on nspires.
You can aim with the cursor and move with the numpad (which is more separate from the cursor than the arrowkeys), you can also move with the arrowkeys if you want. I plan on an alternate control scheme where you move with the numpad, and aim the gun with the arrows, in case people don't want to use the cursor, but this isn't implemented yet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: LD Studios on January 17, 2015, 07:12:05 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 17, 2015, 06:57:13 PM

If you're referring to this block:

It is just a box with the aperture labs logo, nothing special about it, just kind of fun to have :P
Aah I see now. By the way I can't wait for a demo. I hope Touchpad controls are responsive, but there's not much we can do with Nspire Basic and Lua I guess.

Snektron

i want to play it too, sadly i dont have a nspire or or CSE q.q. Although maybe i can convince one
of my class mates :). Also, is there going to be a background or will it stay black?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Hayleia

If you have a monochrome z80, you can also play Portal Prelude ;)
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/451/45101.html