Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

TI-84 Plus CE first informations + discovery of the TI-Charging Station CE

Started by critor, January 13, 2015, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel Debroux

Some die-hard HP calculator fans are so disappointed with the Prime that they resell theirs at much reduced price tags, sub-$100 price tags are fairly common.
Member of the TI-Chess Team.
Co-maintainer of GCC4TI (GCC4TI online documentation), TIEmu and TILP.
Co-admin of TI-Planet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, but most of those people have used HP 48 or 35 calcs for decades or have at least used the 50g for a long while. The many HP Prime bugs compared to those models and the focus towards students rather than professionals doesn't please many people among the HP calculator community.

Also, those people generally don't care about programming, unlike people like Han, Eried, you, me, Tim Wessman, etc. I think the calc is fine for hacking, but for school use it still has a long way to go before it becomes bug-free. I'm still thinking it will take at least three years or more, because HP simply doesn't have enough staff working on the HP Prime firmware.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Its also107 (I think) at amazon, continuing on what DJ said earlier.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Adriweb

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 09, 2015, 11:34:04 PMYou probably remember that on the TI-84+CSE, there was a bug in OS 4.2 with the Menu() command causing option 8 and 9 to not work (showing up as ? instead). This bug was reported to TI in early 2013. [...] Well, for OS 5.0 on the TI-83 Premium CE and TI-84 Plus CE, guess what? [...] It still has the Menu() bug! http://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11281&p=177472#p177468
Rejoice ;)
On the CE, the Menu( bug has been fixed, starting with OS 5.1 :) (Source).
It'll be interesting to see if they have fixed other things as well.

I don't know if there are going to be any updates for the 84+CSE though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome. I was worried 5.1 brought 83 Premium features only and no bug fix.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah, I wondered if they would ever bother at all. When it doesn't affect educational use of the calc they seem to not care as much about bug fixes.

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah but a lot of math programs don't use that many menu options. I guess that maybe some people wanted to stock their formulas or merge their math programs into bigger ones and used menus to access them, then noticed the bug and complained to TI. I bet that if people had reported the bug simply saying that they are unable to use more items without specifying they wanted to combine their math programs into one, or if they had mentioned it was for a game, then TI would just have put it last in their bug fix priority lists or replied that they should just use multiple menus as an alternative.

Snektron

One of my friends had to buy a calc, and she thought our school's new standard calculator (casio fx-cg20) was ugly, so i convinced her to get a CE.
It's so thin compared to my calculator O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Yeah, its soooo thin. I'm not sure that that is a good thing though...

??? ??? ??? ??? ???