Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Only one week left for the walrus programming contest!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 12, 2016, 06:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

UPDATE: The deadline has been reached. Vote for your favorite entry at https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=1017 .

Our walrus-themed game programming contest, which started in December, is reaching its deadline in about a week! If you haven't submitted your entry yet, then do it now and if you aren't done yet, then make sure to submit it by January 19th, 11:59 PM GMT (6:59 PM New York time), with the readme.txt that explains the game controls and how to play.

There is still time to enter if you think you can program something in one week. The game doesn't have to be finished, but try to do your best to not submit a walrus 2D clone of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. As always, the guidelines and other informations about the contest can be found in the following topic:

https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=913

Good luck!
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

If I can code at least and hour each day... I should be fun.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

So this is the final weekend of the contest. So @Unicorn @ordelore @semiprocoder @alexgt @JWinslow23 @c4ooo @DarkestEx @Scipi don't forget to submit your entry in time if you're still planning to submit something. And in Scipi case don't forget to make a topic about your entry to be eligible (although I guess the video from the contest thread could be split into one). If anyone hasn't entered yet but think they can make a small entry then you still have  a few days left. Good luck everyone! :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

brentmaas

Had to quit this one, unfortunately, because I couldn't find time for it.
Lel I glitched Omni

JWinslow23

As soon as I make mine public, it is going to be open for anyone to play, not just the judges. As well, if you are a member of Scratch (that is an "active participator in the community", so just making a new account won't work), then and only then are publicly saved highscores available. Is that all fine?

Dream of Omnimaga

You should send us the download or playable link at c o n t e s t @ c o d e w a l r . u s , then we will publish all entries at once in a poll.

By the way is it possible to make a Scratch program standalone?

Scipi

I'm afraid due to time constraints thanks to work, I may not finish my entry in time. Still, I do plan to finish something for once :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

c4ooo

I need to get collision with fish working well. I am having wierd problems.  (Fish are the things you collect as you fly/walk)

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 16, 2016, 05:20:01 PM
You should send us the download or playable link at c o n t e s t @ c o d e w a l r . u s , then we will publish all entries at once in a poll.

By the way is it possible to make a Scratch program standalone?
Alright, I will email the link ASAP.

Also, yes, it is possible. However, I don't think it'd be worth the trouble even if I did it, as the source code would be unviewable without special software.

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. Maybe you could still provide a standalone copy for members once the deadline is over, though? It would make it easier for them to test your entry, especially if for whatever reasons Scratch website was down or blocked. Plus you could release it in CodeWalrus archives that way. :)

I was sure that no standalone executable was possible, though.

Ideally, the best is if entries are submitted at least an hour before the deadline or before, by the way, because in the past I remember getting e-mails a long while after they got sent, due to some lag. I had this happen when sending e-mail too. On top of that, I once got such e-mail 2 days later and the date shown was the sent date, not received date, so it appeared below my latest e-mails and I didn't notice it until later.

Dream of Omnimaga

Less than 17 hours left to the contest! Make sure to not miss the deadline!

alexgt

I am working on it at school and adding a few things more, but @DJ Omnimaga does the steam ID look like this: STEAM_0:1:XXXXXXXXX (X's are numbers)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Hayleia

Lol, yesterday I was like "how much time is left for the contest ?", I checked, until today 11:59. Ok, I don't have enough time, even in super-productivity mode.
I only realize now it was 11:59 PM -.-