Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+]The day the walrus flew [Game][Axe][z80][contest]

Started by c4ooo, January 10, 2016, 01:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

Power-up idea:
Fishy Fishy- turns all objects into fish except yourself for 15 sec. This shoud be extremely rare.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 09, 2016, 01:33:14 AM
Perhaps lives as well, with increasing level speed and new projectiles such as falling spikes? There could be 1-ups in levels and dying would bring you back at the start of the level or the last checkpoint.
Do you think that a health bar system should be or just stick to having multiple lives per run?

Dream of Omnimaga

That could work, but it might make the game too easy if there are still lives. You could simply have just no life and have an health bar that can be replenished by picking some items.

Also to make people have to take decisions, perhaps sometimes there should be two power ups vertically with one being health (to regain some health) and the other being an actual power-up, so the player has to sacrify life regains to get extra power-ups.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

You could also have a Hard/Expert Mode where there is no health, and once you touch something harmful, you die instantly.
The answer is "Sure."

c4ooo

Update time!
Things added:
    High scores
    Better colision
    A title screen:

Thanks for all the support! :D

Dudeman313

Cool! It looks good. If only I still had my monochrome and could have my CE at the same time! I'll just see if I can find time to put it in Wabbit with my sister's ROM.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice update. Is it already uploaded on ticalc? Also I like the title screen idea. One suggestion I have to save space would be to make it 48x48 or so, then using some Axe code display it on the other half of the screen mirrored. Have the title text as a separate bitmap data and draw it separately at the top.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 10, 2016, 06:41:39 AM
Nice update. Is it already uploaded on ticalc? Also I like the title screen idea. One suggestion I have to save space would be to make it 48x48 or so, then using some Axe code display it on the other half of the screen mirrored. Have the title text as a separate bitmap data and draw it separately at the top.
This would be a good idea to save memory - except that the title screen only takes 768 bytes, and i have plenty of ram left :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I was suggesting in case you wanted to save even more memory. :P I also added your topic to the downloads section :3=