* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Alien Breed 5 Episode III: Impact  (Read 13139 times)

Offline tr1p1ea

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +4/-1
Re: Alien Breed 5 Episode III: Impact
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2017, 01:30:25 am »
Yeah man, that is awesome!

Offline MateoConLechuga

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +21/-1
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2017, 01:37:35 am »
Wow that is simply incredible. Are you reusing a lot of the internal z80 code?

Offline JamesV

• Full User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Safe-haven access
  • Post Rating Ratio: +3/-0
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2017, 02:02:48 am »
Wow that is simply incredible. Are you reusing a lot of the internal z80 code?
Thanks Mateo! Correct - both the TI-83+ non-colour version and the TI-84+CE colour version compile from the same source code, just with some bits of calculator specific code for anything graphics related. The game should play almost identically on both calculators, with the exception of having a slightly larger viewing range on the CE, as well as a HUD.

Offline JamesV

• Full User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Safe-haven access
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2017, 09:46:28 am »
The shooting sprites are now finished, and I've also improved the functionality a little to more closely match the Team 17 original. Here you can see the machine gun (still with no wall collision/explosion animation), twin laser, flame arc, plasma rifle and flamethrower all in action in colour:

Whilst I was at it, I've updated the shooting sprites and functionality on the monochrome version to match as well. On the left are the old sprites from v2.1.0, and on the right are the updated sprites which are just scaled down and monochrome'd from their colour counterparts:

I guess these screenshots also show what the same level/section looks like in both the colour and monochrome versions (I'm yet to do the colour spaceship tiles) :)

Offline tr1p1ea

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +4/-1
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2017, 01:10:12 am »
The animations look great! I love the flame arc :).

Seeing it working on both platforms is pretty special :).

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +95/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2017, 03:04:32 pm »
Very beautiful JamesV, and yesterday ganjahusky approved as well. Good job so far :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Offline xMarminq_

• Full User
  • Generic Personal Text
    • @UCUWQR30oIW2fRqCNI2IDGIA
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2017, 11:33:30 pm »
Are you doing all episodes for the CE and will there be a level editor?  :blah: I live on level editors.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84 Plus CE, Ti-84 Plus (can be borrowed from my school)
I don't associate with associations

Offline JamesV

• Full User
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Safe-haven access
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2017, 12:42:43 am »
Are you doing all episodes for the CE and will there be a level editor?  :blah: I live on level editors.
Yes both Episodes 1 & 2 will be available on the CE along with the new Episode 3 (which concurrently will also be available on the monochrome calculators).

And yes, I am indeed planning on releasing a Campaign Editor so that people can create their own levels / campaigns, which should include all the features of the built in campaigns, eg. mission briefings, triggered events, ability to have multiple entries/exists per level (choose your own path through the campaign), etc. Again, the campaigns will be playable on both the CE calculator and the monochrome calculators.

When I get to the stage of developing the Campaign Editor, I might be in touch for your suggestions/feedback, as I know you've been hard at work developing some great work for Oiram! :)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games