Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalTourney [walrii contest] [TI 84+ CSE] [xLIBC] [BASIC]

Started by Unicorn, December 17, 2015, 05:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

So, I finally came up with an idea for the contest!  :w00t:

WalTourney:

Storyline:
You are the lowly :walrii: and you must advance through the annual WalTourney to get the prize money that is needed to keep your forum alive. As you go, you get some amounts of money from the battles, but you need that money to train and get better skills to be able to be the WalTourney Champion.

Gameplay:
The game is essentially a bunch of battles randomized in a tournament style. The battles will be something like an RPG's battles, turn based. As you go along, you get new :walrii: skins as you reach certain training levels. Once you become the champion (it may take a few years) money will rain down upon you and you will get to choose which calc site you would like to give your money to. There will also be an "Other" option. (Would this be ok? I'm not sure, it might cause some problems)

Technical Stuff:
Will be written in xLIBC/Celtic/BASIC for the TI 84+ CSE
Screenshots to come!

Any Suggestions?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Interesting idea. I am curious about what you'll come up with. Will you be able to move around or will it be mainly arena-based?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Just arena based. I might put some minigames in as easter eggs, but we'll see.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Ok I see. I can't wait for more updates :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Great idea, suggestion: make lots of powers :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

p4nix

Connect it to calcnet and make a poll out of the finish :P
* p4nix runs
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Unicorn

Well, it looks like I won't be able to complete this idea, unless I get a sprite sheet figured out. To bad the Walruses aren't 16x16 <.<
I'm looking around for another idea, though.\!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Well, it looks like I'm not participating in this contest. WalTourney would just take to much time, and I haven't come up with a better idea. If I do, though, I'll try to through it together before the deadline.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Maybe you could do a smaller game or something still based on fighting, but simpler? It could even be something like whack a mole, a memory game, a space shooter, etc

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 28, 2015, 07:36:33 AM
Maybe you could do a smaller game or something still based on fighting, but simpler? It could even be something like whack a mole, a memory game, a space shooter, etc
idk, I have this one idea... Like you are at a carnival, and you have to throw a baseball into a hat, and each baseball you get, you get money, and with your money you could buy new characters (walruses, of course) and then save money to buy new throwing items and upgrades for those items and such. Then theres endgame when you through a nuke :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

That would be cool actually. Maybe you could play as Walrii (not necessarily see it when throwing balls) and when getting new characters, you could use them and they would have slightly different attributes (eg throwing speed, accuracy, etc)

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 02, 2016, 06:55:17 AM
That would be cool actually. Maybe you could play as Walrii (not necessarily see it when throwing balls) and when getting new characters, you could use them and they would have slightly different attributes (eg throwing speed, accuracy, etc)
There we go! And to throw, you actually spit them :D

Time to write up the entire game in the op and start coding!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Will it be for calcs or in Ruby?

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 02, 2016, 08:07:06 AM
Will it be for calcs or in Ruby?
Probably calcs, I don't really have moving sprites around set up in ruby.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???