Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What headphones/earphones do you own?

Started by Araidia, December 16, 2015, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E37

I got a pair of skullcandy headphones they sound alright, but started going bad pretty quickly.
I can't use the audio enhancer because leaving the battery that it uses in causes the headphones to whine occasionally. The cord that it came with is already breaking and it only transmits sound when it is in EXACTLY the right position. I got them in the beginning of December.  :P
My last pair I had 2 years before they finally gave out, and that was with very heavy use.

• Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Ti83,Ti84!
I've never finished a project, there is always a way to improve!
What's my calc's name? Convert $37 to decimal. Look up that element in the periodic table. Then take the abbreviation of that element and you have it!
Look! A slime!    <(^.^)>

p2

Quote from: p2 on January 13, 2017, 08:24:21 AM
There are a couple of SkullCandy models around 50€ but I can't really recommend them as they tend to break easily :/
Quote from: E37 on January 16, 2017, 01:07:04 AM
I got a pair of skullcandy headphones they sound alright, but started going bad pretty quickly.
I can't use the audio enhancer because leaving the battery that it uses in causes the headphones to whine occasionally. The cord that it came with is already breaking and it only transmits sound when it is in EXACTLY the right position. I got them in the beginning of December.  :P
My last pair I had 2 years before they finally gave out, and that was with very heavy use.
Yup, pretty much what I expected.
SkullCandy seems not to focus on durability that much... :/ Which is a bit sad as their sound quality actually is pretty good (at least at the beginning).
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Now I use Vortex headphones at home and Electra when going out. Both vosted me $4 at the dollar store abd while the sound is not as good as expensive headphones, it's still very top notch, especially the Vortex ones. I am sure they will last 2-6 months max, but at $4 I just stocked up XD
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

TheLastMillennial

I've got some cruddy earbuds that were so cheap they were given to me for free. They've lasted me over a year (with light use and rough storage of my bag) so I suppose I've got my moneys worth out of them. :P
I've also got some on-ear Sodrop 2 headphones from Ghostek which sound nice to me, but for some reason on were marked as over-ear on Amazon. It took my ears quite a while to adjust to this design, but it's acceptably comfortable even for long periods of time.
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime G2, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-34, Boring Sharp calculator

Thank you for your time, go make a paradox, have a good day.

Yuki

Quote from: xlibman on February 27, 2018, 06:06:53 PM
Now I use Vortex headphones at home and Electra when going out. Both vosted me $4 at the dollar store abd while the sound is not as good as expensive headphones, it's still very top notch, especially the Vortex ones. I am sure they will last 2-6 months max, but at $4 I just stocked up XD
I have the same ones. Pretty nice for $4 headphones, if you're not going to play much with the wire.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

the2048

A pair of Panasonic over ear headphones, some Galaxy S5 earbuds, a set of Logitech h800s, and some very terrible earbuds that are no name brand.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, TI-83+ (2x), Nspire CX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, iMac G3 (2x), iBook G4, iBook clamshell

_iPhoenix_

I wear whatever I can find first. Hopefully it works. If it does, then it's probably tangled up like crazy x.x
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

racingstripeAV

I've had the same pair of Sennheiser HD201 for about 8 years now and for a cheap set of entry-level headphones (I think they were £20 when I bought them), they definitely do a good job. Granted, I use my computer's built-in speakers most of the time (and for an iMac they're damn good), it's just when I record vocals that I plug in the headphones.

Strontium

I'm looking for some sub-$200 IEMs that I can wear all day, has detachable cable, and either a neutral or V-shaped sound signature. Right now I'm considering the Pinnacle P1. Any other suggestions?

They'll be driven from an xDuoo x3, so anything with an impedance of up to 100 ohms should be fine. It'd be ideal if I could drive them form my phone or laptop without an amp, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Strontium

ended up buying the Simgot EN700 Pro, I love them so far :D definitely an upgrade from the cheap sony IEMs I had before
driving them from a Sansa Clip+, might upgrade in the future.

• Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Dream of Omnimaga

I moved out of Yuki's home 2.5 years ago and I have been using the same dollar store headphones ever since. I even have a spare set for when I go outside which will obviously not last as long but I didn't have any issues with them. They even have better sound and last 2 years longer than most headphones that costs $50 or less. They're a bit less resistant when you go outside and mess around with the cord a lot, though, . xd

https://www.amazon.ca/Electra-STERO-VORTEX-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B00YH84WUU

Don't buy them on Amazon tho, lol. It's a rip-off. They're like $4 at Dollarama and some schools even use them now. I got the white and red ones.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U