Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What headphones/earphones do you own?

Started by Araidia, December 16, 2015, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Araidia

Ditto to the title.
I have a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP2(Over-ear) headphones. The sound is great and the durability is on a whole other level(I feel like it can stop a bullet, but I won't test it). And the price was amazing($130)!
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

aetios

I have a couple of earbuds that aren't worth mentioning, then I have a philips headphone and a Razer Kraken Pro.
ceci n'est pas une signature

DarkestEx

I have some really nice JBL headphones :)
Got them on sale for 30 euro instead of the 50 they cost normally.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Adriweb

I'm currently using Apple "Earpods" with remote and mic (quite useful), and also have a Sennheiser HD 205 II headset.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Unicorn

I also currently use apple earpods, and I used to have an ok pair of sony headphones, but they broke. I'm hoping to get a headset though.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Sony MDR-V150 and Apple iPod Touch 4 earbuds.

I miss the early 2000's when $30 headphones didn't cost $300.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Mine broke recently, so I really need to buy another pair
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Travis

Sennheiser HD 439 for the last 3½ years and counting. They've been amazingly durable. The cushions have either minor wear or built-up crud (I can't tell which), but it's almost nothing considering how long I've used them. Before that I went through two or three Bose headphones in barely a couple of years of reasonable treatment, which were as expensive or more, and they were rubbish. It was as if they were purposely designed to fail within a few months (or else incompetently built); they didn't even have strain relief at the plug, which even $5 headphones usually have. So Bose went on my permanent blacklist.
  • Calculators owned: TI-81, TI-82, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-89 Titanium, 2 × HP 50g

novenary

I have a Logitech G230 and a Razer Kraken Pro. Both sound acceptable, I prefer the Razer though because it requires less eq correction than the Logitech, it's louder and more comfortable. I actually prefer speakers for listening to music with a few exceptions, I bought the headphones for VoIP as my primary use case, and also to avoid waking the entire household at night.

Snektron

I have some cheap sony earplugs, which are surprisingly good for the amount they cost. I also have a Sennheiser R-160 for quite some tine which i still like.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

semiprocoder

Currently, I have a pair audiotechnica m50x headphones that I got for my birthday. My old headphones, which I might still be able to find somewhere, were a pair of sennheiser hd 439s(if I remember correctly).
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 12, 2016, 12:13:11 PM
I have a Logitech G230 and a Razer Kraken Pro. Both sound acceptable, I prefer the Razer though because it requires less eq correction than the Logitech, it's louder and more comfortable. I actually prefer speakers for listening to music with a few exceptions, I bought the headphones for VoIP as my primary use case, and also to avoid waking the entire household at night.
Yeah that is why I don't use speakers. I have them plugged in only because my soundcard isn't loud enough for headphones and my speakers, which lets me get even louder sound, have an headphone jack.

@Travis I only ever found two headsets that lasted more than 3 months of regular use, and even then, one has issues when I bend the wire near the plug. It hasn't worsened in a long while, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gogogoluke

I have a set of Sennheiser Urbanite XLs, they are awesome and practically invincible. When the headphones stopped functioning on one side, the support took care of me and replaced them for free, and since then there have been 0 problems. Clear, strong bass, but still balanced, unlike Beats, great mids and highs.
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime, TI-84CSE
HP Prime, TI-84+CSE
Former Minecraft server owner
HP Prime enthusiast.

alexgt

Now I am using a old crapy pair of COBY's that I found lying around <_<
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

calcplays

I too use Apple's EarPods. The case that came with them was quite stylish. 

I also use speakers (which are not directly in my ears), but that is probably outside the scope of this thread.