Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

So who participate to the CW Contest II?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 15, 2015, 07:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you participating to Contest II?

Yes
7 (46.7%)
No
8 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

alexgt

Quote from: Juju on December 16, 2015, 08:38:55 PM
Well, I could participate, but I'm barred from participating for the simple reason I'm staff here. Oh well.
But if your aren't judging then it would be ok then?
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Yuki

I may or may not help DJ overviewing the contest, and I have access to the contest email as well, so I'm not sure it would be okay. I could write a demo without entering like last time, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on December 16, 2015, 08:59:07 PM
Quote from: Juju on December 16, 2015, 08:38:55 PM
Well, I could participate, but I'm barred from participating for the simple reason I'm staff here. Oh well.
But if your aren't judging then it would be ok then?
No because the entire staff knew about the contest theme for about 1 week earlier than the rest of the members, so it would be kinda unfair. Plus I mentionned the idea several months ago once too.

Nothing stops juju from making a walrus game outside the contest, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

That too. All the staff participated in the discussion about what would the contest be.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

Ahh, I see well we could make a walrii game on the server :P

p4nix

Would be cool if you staff members could participate too, maybe not as a winner and stuff, but even that is up to you, since you all are really cool :P Well, looking forward to see some great stuff anyway!

(maybe the users could donate a staff-price?)
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

c4ooo

I am trying to, but i have bean very busy. Good thing i have not school next werk or the week after that :D

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: p4nix on December 17, 2015, 08:40:34 PM
Would be cool if you staff members could participate too, maybe not as a winner and stuff, but even that is up to you, since you all are really cool :P Well, looking forward to see some great stuff anyway!

(maybe the users could donate a staff-price?)
That could be an idea actually. Staff could participate and be judged, but they would not count in the standings (for example, if Juju is 2nd best, then it's the 3rd place that would win the 2nd prize). Just to show examples of what can be done with the walrus sprites. But I would rather have members participate too :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Yeah, but just because you aren't in the running for a prize doesn't mean you can't make something really cool (not saying that is isn't an encouraging factor :P)

semiprocoder

I may or may not participate in the contest, depending on if I find a simple enough idea for me to work on.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

c4ooo

I am totally not participating :trollface:
Quote from: c4ooo on December 20, 2015, 02:33:54 AM
There has not been any progress [lazer] for a long time ... The project is not dead however, but will be worked along side on Super Walrii Land 8x+ when i finish the contest :) The [lazer] file editing was finished, but my whole file system is hodge poge :( Thats why for my contest entry, Super Walrii Land 8x+, the first thing i am making is a proper file system :P

Scipi

I'll likely participate. Haven't decided if I'll use this contest to practice Love2D or UE4, though :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm

alexgt

Quote from: Scipi on December 20, 2015, 03:23:31 AM
I'll likely participate. Haven't decided if I'll use this contest to practice Love2D or UE4, though :P
So you will make a PC game if you do participate?

Scipi

Quote from: alexgt on December 20, 2015, 03:44:06 AM
Quote from: Scipi on December 20, 2015, 03:23:31 AM
So you will make a PC game if you do participate?

That is correct. I don't do much calc programming nowadays :/
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, Nspire, Nspire CX, Casio Prizm