Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Zampy's Quest [Walrii Contest][HP Prime][HP PPL]

Started by alexgt, December 09, 2015, 08:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

You are Zampy. You woke up on the 5th of March 4096 at 5:12:43 in the morning. Your flipper was stuck in a electrical socket but oddly you were not hurt, instead you felt like you were getting stronger! The electricity super charging your muscles and brain. Little did you know or remembered that you tried to commit suicide the night before, you stuck your flipper in the socket and accepted death, this you forgot. You accepted that everyone hated you, that everyone you loved despised you, that no one in the world valued your life. The only people who love you are your parents and they were kidnapped. This you remember, this you know. You are now the most powerful, determined, and unloved walrii in the walriiverse you are only loved by your parents you love your parents and you will get them back.

That is the back story (rather sad :'() but this will be a RPG platformer with some cool features.

v0.01:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GkbxffI_M0
v0.05:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqiESkRL8v8
v0.11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdfHGB2oeJQ

How to Install:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcuBzsVZto8
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

So who would be Zampy? Is it like the regular Walrii or a new one? Also since this is an RPG, don't go too overkill at first to not overwhelm yourself :P. I wish you good luck, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Yeah I am going small and focusing on the platformer part more that the RPG (we all know what happened to Nagoji 20x15 :P). Zampy is the main character.

Thanks for the luck we will all need it ;)

c4ooo

The story reminds me of black sabath's song "iron man" which is about a man who goes to the future and witnesses the acopplyps. On his way back he is turned to steal and rendered mute. He tries to warn the people, but they mock him so he gets angry and uses his power to destroy the world (thus completing the circle).

alexgt

Yeah, that is actually one of my favorite songs :P

c4ooo

Quote from: alexgt on December 09, 2015, 08:49:51 PM
Yeah, that is actually one of my favorite songs :P
Haha not suprised :D

alexgt

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

alexgt

Updated title to say HP Prime & HP PPL

alexgt

Ok, I got all the collision with blocks working, so I could start making levels! now for the enemies.

kegwaan

This is actually a great idea, although I think the story turned a little dark about half way through. But good luck! I'm unfamiliar with the HP Prime, but from what I do know this will turn out fantastic on it. :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

alexgt

Thanks :) if you want to learn more about he prime you can go here if you want to get one shop around a bit and you will find a good deal ;).

And don't worry the story brightens up later, you will be able to play this on the emulator as I am working on making it compatible :).

kegwaan

Quote from: alexgt on December 14, 2015, 01:50:12 AM
Thanks :) if you want to learn more about he prime you can go here if you want to get one shop around a bit and you will find a good deal ;) .

And don't worry the story brightens up later, you will be able to play this on the emulator as I am working on making it compatible :) .
If there's ever a good time to look for one it's now with the holidays coming up  ;D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

alexgt

Yeah, especially with (hopefully) good deals ;)