Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CWick Contest #1: 140 characters

Started by Yuki, September 24, 2015, 04:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which entry is your favourite?

brentmaas
0 (0%)
Ivoah
3 (50%)
SJCubed
2 (33.3%)
utz
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 10, 2015, 08:07:26 PM

Yuki

Meh, okay, I'll give you a chance, let's count tokens.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

semiprocoder

Does the 140 bytes include any images that my code relies on and loads. Otherwise I will just draw rectangles or something.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Yuki

If they're considered inputs (and therefore I can replace them with whatever image that can fit), no.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Ivoah

• Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Unicorn

hmm... now I need an idea that can go with a cmd theme... :P

Maybe some sort of color changing program...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

semiprocoder

I have been trying to make something in lua for the nspire for hours now. I could not make anything at all that came even close to 140 bytes in source size. Anyways, I look forward to the next competition. Hopefully I will be able to do something.

Yuki

Heh, you can always try another language, if you can.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

So far, it looks like for this contest that only TI-z80  Basocand to a lesser extent Casio Basic are viable options. O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Ivoah

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 25, 2015, 03:15:19 PM
So far, it looks like for this contest that only TI-z80  Basocand to a lesser extent Casio Basic are viable options. O.O

PICO-8 is a viable option since it's measured in tokens.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

p4nix

Pww, if I was about to post my code on Twitter, I'd use Twitlonger, pastebin, github or a picture :P
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Yuki

You'd be surprised what you can do with nothing.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Snektron

Processing would actually be an allright option.
Also shaders could do something, but you lose characters with uniforms etc. Shadertoy would be a solution to that, but still
their variable names are long :(
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

semiprocoder

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on September 26, 2015, 10:06:04 PM
Processing would actually be an allright option.

Really? I tried, but couldn't make anything good with 140 bytes. This is the beggining of something I was going to make, but gave up because it already had passed the 140 byte(17 bytes too big already) limit(also im not sure it will even work if I finish it I didn't really check if it works or if I wrote something wrong, I was only focusing on the size of the source)(also btw I know you are not supposed to release source but since im not doing anything with this I hope its ok):

int a[]={3,0,999,200};int b=200;void draw(){rect(b/3*a[1],b/2,b/2,b/2);int m=millis();if(m%1000==0){a[0]+=(int)key-2;a[1]=(int)random(4);}if(m%1000==a[2]){}}

Snektron

Yeah i guess you're right :/. 140 is really not that much
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

semiprocoder

maybe if it was like 0.5k it would be manageable, but at 140 bytes I think anyone would be hard pressed to make anything, even in ti basic(which I kind of know the basics of but am too lazy to actually learn the functions and stuff).