Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

SDL/n2DLib ports for TI Nspire

Started by gameblabla, August 19, 2015, 08:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Welcome back. :D A SMS emulator is definitively a great addition to the Nspire. I'll probably give it a try later (hoping my calc issues won't prevent it from working). By the way, do you plan to update all your old ports for TI-Nspire CX CR4 if they don't work anymore?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 20, 2016, 11:00:35 PM
Welcome back. :D A SMS emulator is definitively a great addition to the Nspire. I'll probably give it a try later (hoping my calc issues won't prevent it from working). By the way, do you plan to update all your old ports for TI-Nspire CX CR4 if they don't work anymore?
I can easily update the nSDL ports with no issues whatsoever.
It is however not so easy for n2DLib... as they write diretly to the screen.
I only have to wait for matrey to support the new lcd_blit api though...

This might take some time as i have a lot of games to update... including RetroGuru games.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

gameblabla

I have updated SMS_Plus

Screen is now centered and i have fixed an issue with Game Gear games.
For GG games, make sure they have the ".gg.tns" extension or else the emulator will run them as Master System games.

Now, my own take on Opossum Massage Simulator should be available for Nspire very soon....
Stay tuned

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: gameblabla on March 20, 2016, 11:04:40 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 20, 2016, 11:00:35 PM
I can easily update the nSDL ports with no issues whatsoever.
It is however not so easy for n2DLib... as they write diretly to the screen.

This might take some time as i have a lot of games to update... including RetroGuru games.
ALso there is the problem that Matref is done with calculator programming. He stopped almost a year ago and switched to PC programming ever since. Perhaps if you bugged him he wouldn't mind, though. Is n2DLib open-source?
Quote from: gameblabla on March 25, 2016, 10:19:31 PM
I have updated SMS_Plus

Screen is now centered and i have fixed an issue with Game Gear games.
For GG games, make sure they have the ".gg.tns" extension or else the emulator will run them as Master System games.

Now, my own take on Opossum Massage Simulator should be available for Nspire very soon....
Stay tuned
Lol I really need to finish my game, so it can be ported accurately to how I envisioned it. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

QuoteAlso there is the problem that Matref is done with calculator programming. He stopped almost a year ago and switched to PC programming ever since. Perhaps if you bugged him he wouldn't mind, though. Is n2DLib open-source?
Oh man, really ?
I thought that only applied to his nKagura game or something.
Yes, n2DLib is open-source but i'm not sure how to modify it so it complies with the new API...

QuoteLol I really need to finish my game, so it can be ported accurately to how I envisioned it. >.<
I guess i should have let you finish it lol
I'm tired of seeing endless of abandonned projects without a single demo so i did it.
Anyway, maybe i should rename it like "Gameblabla's Opossum Massage simulator" or something.
It's not like you are porting your game to nspire...

Also, juju ported it to Mac OSX and he wants to do an Android port.
I wish him good luck

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, we never know. Perhaps he no longer is interested in doing calc games, but I don't know if he meant calc stuff as a whole. It would definitively be a shame if n2DLib was dead, though. It might be a good idea to make a new topic if it is, though, to ask help on how to convert it. Perhaps some of the TI-Planet guys might be able to help, since they tend to be very open towards improving Ndless compatibility.

As for the game it depends. While the game is not intended to be good quality, I might be irked if you named it like that because it might sound like you are claiming Opossum Massage as your own game/idea. You even removed CodeWalrus URL from the copyrights <.< But again, most people did this with Flappy Bird and 2048

In any case, if other versions lacks achievements it's fine, though, since achievements are not necessary. It would just make the game more funny in an update. :P

matrefeytontias

QuoteIt is however not so easy for n2DLib... as they write diretly to the screen.
What's that ? Never heard of it, but I can try and implement it if that makes your life easier.

As for that whole thing, I'm mostly done with calculator programming as a whole, but that doesn't mean I can't maintain my existing calc projects. Of course, if n2DLib breaks because of new versions, just poke me and I'll try my best to fix it.

Also, I also ported n2DLib to PC anyway, and the version I'm using for nKaruga has a lot more things in it. I might actually bring the calc version up to date with the PC version at some point (probably in a long time, when I'm done with nKaruga).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

gameblabla

Quote from: matrefeytontias on March 25, 2016, 11:43:33 PM
What's that ? Never heard of it, but I can try and implement it if that makes your life easier.
As for that whole thing, I'm mostly done with calculator programming as a whole, but that doesn't mean I can't maintain my existing calc projects. Of course, if n2DLib breaks because of new versions, just poke me and I'll try my best to fix it.
Yo Matref,
yeah the lcd_blit thing happenned because TI introduced a new model (CR4) that is incompatible with older models due to a new screen. (240x320)
anyway, it would be nice if you could implement it. (make sure to update your devkit though)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 25, 2016, 11:04:34 PM
As for the game it depends. While the game is not intended to be good quality, I might be irked if you named it like that because it might sound like you are claiming Opossum Massage as your own game/idea. You even removed CodeWalrus URL from the copyrights <.< But again, most people did this with Flappy Bird and 2048

In any case, if other versions lacks achievements it's fine, though, since achievements are not necessary. It would just make the game more funny in an update. :P
I removed the URL because it was too damn long so i added you to the copyright instead.
I think i will not change the name, most people will get it with some research anyways.
PM me if you still have an issue with that

matrefeytontias

I see you mentionned an API for that. Do you have any reference that I can take a look at ?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+.fr, TI-Nspire CAS prototype, TI-84+ CSE, TI-Nspire CX
My TI games (some got their own article on non-calc websites !) : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/112/11202.html

My moozik (100% free metal) : http://www.soundcloud.com/matrefeytontias

Adriweb

It's been talked about on TI-Planet and, well, the Ndless repo (see the recent commits) along with several Ndless programs that got updated for it :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

gameblabla

Here it is guys, Opossum Massage Simulator for TI Nspire !

Nothing really new other than it now saves the highscore on your calc !
Also included as a bonus is a Windows version.

(By the way, even though i have included DJ Omnimaga in the copyright because that was his game, he doesn't really endorse this version)
Windows port : https://github.com/gameblabla/opossum_massage/blob/master/release/possum_win32.7z
Source : https://github.com/gameblabla/opossum_massage

EDIT (DJ): Fixed broken download link

Dream of Omnimaga

The It RPG Is copyright is more intended as a joke actually, about how Acclaim released some of its crappier games under LJN, perhaps to avoid risks of their reputation getting tarnished by cash-grab games or to circumvent Nintendo policies at the time. :P

Anyway this looks nice. I will have to try it later when I have a chance.

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 26, 2016, 12:35:38 PM
The It RPG Is copyright is more intended as a joke actually, about how Acclaim released some of its crappier games under LJN, perhaps to avoid risks of their reputation getting tarnished by cash-grab games or to circumvent Nintendo policies at the time. :P
Yes, i do know and i can't wait for you to finish your version for TI-83 CE/CSE  :)
I will update the game accordingly when your version will be out

Anyway this looks nice. I will have to try it later when I have a chance.
Other than the highscore saving, it is not much different from the PC version you tried earlier.

Anyway, i'm glad this inspired you to improve your game :p

Vogtinator

Quote from: Adriweb on March 26, 2016, 12:07:16 AM
It's been talked about on TI-Planet and, well, the Ndless repo (see the recent commits) along with several Ndless programs that got updated for it :)

The main reference is hackspire: https://hackspire.unsads.com/index.php/Libndls#LCD_API
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspie CX CAS, Casio FX-85ES

Adriweb

Yes obviously, I was linking the /other/ sources :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua