Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

4x3 contest results out! Click here to see who won!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 16, 2015, 03:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Quote from: DarkestEx on June 21, 2015, 12:55:44 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 20, 2015, 12:31:42 PM
Yeah that's why I included them. Since the contest mainly focused on creativity rather than programming and performance, this is why entries competed against each others and included all platforms I own. The only issue was pure TI-84+ BASIC and such languages, due to lack of grayscale support and speed problems, but JWinslow23 still managed to get the most out of that language and get 2nd place.
Hmm, I had a very surprising axsembly engine for the TI-84+ too. It worked quite nice. Sadly I did not implement a game :(
And then the time ran out and I wrote the PC engine in like 5 or 6 hours.

I didn't know you did ASM too? :o
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

Thats how he wrote TwoStep for the 84+... Unless @DarkestEx used axe?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

Quote from: Unicorn on June 22, 2015, 08:45:46 PM
Thats how he wrote TwoStep for the 84+... Unless @DarkestEx used axe?
Yeah, TwoStep for the 84+. It is written in half Axe and half in-line-assembly.
I put that inline assembly into custom Axe functions. It works quite nice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Snektron

Oh cool :D Though doesnt that work quite bad? I mean i have to use some inline ASM sometimes but i need to use something like ClrHome to compile to hex <_<

Unicorn

Wait, so you use a BASIC command in an Assembly program? O.o

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

• Calculators owned: A lot.

DarkestEx

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 22, 2015, 09:06:49 PM
Oh cool :D Though doesnt that work quite bad? I mean i have to use some inline ASM sometimes but i need to use something like ClrHome to compile to hex <_<
It works quite well actually. You're right I'm using http://clrhome.org/asm/ to assemble it into hex and then copy it over to my Sourcecoder window.
Sometimes I program on calc but most of the big features are done on my PC (after copying the current progress over).
As TwoStep is not processor nor memory intensive, most Axe functions suffice, but e.g. I am using custom keypad code and some other tweaks.
I could in fact write a game entirely in assembler, but then I couldn't easily write on the go.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Snektron

It would be cool to have a good Axe compiler/ide for pc, that supports inline asm in readable form

DarkestEx

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 23, 2015, 09:40:28 PM
It would be cool to have a good Axe compiler/ide for pc, that supports inline asm in readable form
I actually wanted to do something similar like that, but nobody was really interested in that project so I cancelled it.
It was an Axe debugger + emulator for PC with possible compiling support.

Snektron

That would actually be awesome :o
Also what would be cool, if it was possible to make some kind of axe parser hook, so you can make things like preprocessors and structs
EDIT: it is possible to compile from another app (or program) it looks like, but then you still need to remake the program finding part <_<

DarkestEx

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 23, 2015, 09:49:39 PM
That would actually be awesome :o
Also what would be cool, if it was possible to make some kind of axe parser hook, so you can make things like preprocessors and structs
EDIT: it is possible to compile from another app (or program) it looks like, but then you still need to remake the program finding part <_<
Yeah, that would be cool. Maybe you want to help?

Snektron

Hmm i'll think about it. I've actually got some free time now, but i installed Unreal Engine 4 today and i want to see if i can make something with it :P
(Note: i have no c++ experience, so this will be fun)

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U