Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

4x3 contest results out! Click here to see who won!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 16, 2015, 03:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

I would have been OK with the results being private in the future if you're planning on giving a joke entry the 'win'.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 17, 2015, 02:02:15 AM
Quote from: unknownloner on June 16, 2015, 09:07:09 PM
I think we all know that The Game is the real winner here
Actually at first I was contemplating starting the news article with "Basically, Cumred and his The Game entry have won by 100 points and got all votes, just to scare everyone, kinda like that fake news about how WFRNG Axe won the 2010 Axe contest. :P (the real results were posted the next day)

If i had won i'd have passed it down anyway since it was not really a serious entry :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on June 17, 2015, 08:05:49 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 17, 2015, 02:02:15 AM
Quote from: unknownloner on June 16, 2015, 09:07:09 PM
I think we all know that The Game is the real winner here
Actually at first I was contemplating starting the news article with "Basically, Cumred and his The Game entry have won by 100 points and got all votes, just to scare everyone, kinda like that fake news about how WFRNG Axe won the 2010 Axe contest. :P (the real results were posted the next day)

If i had won i'd have passed it down anyway since it was not really a serious entry :P
What if it would have been the only entry? O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

The game woulda hapendedededed :P

You judges would have won?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I think that if there were no entry, I would have extended the contest a bit. But of course such scenario was entirely possible given how new the site is and our lack of promotion outside CW about the contest. I am surprised that we managed to get that many entries, let alone more than most past big contests with large prizes. But again, we allowed computer/android entries, so that probably helped. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 20, 2015, 05:12:48 AM
I think that if there were no entry, I would have extended the contest a bit. But of course such scenario was entirely possible given how new the site is and our lack of promotion outside CW about the contest. I am surprised that we managed to get that many entries, let alone more than most past big contests with large prizes. But again, we allowed computer/android entries, so that probably helped. :P

But in this case it wasnt bad at all to allow computer/android stuff too since at 4x3 the speed doesnt really make a difference per platform
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah that's why I included them. Since the contest mainly focused on creativity rather than programming and performance, this is why entries competed against each others and included all platforms I own. The only issue was pure TI-84+ BASIC and such languages, due to lack of grayscale support and speed problems, but JWinslow23 still managed to get the most out of that language and get 2nd place.

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 20, 2015, 12:31:42 PM
Yeah that's why I included them. Since the contest mainly focused on creativity rather than programming and performance, this is why entries competed against each others and included all platforms I own. The only issue was pure TI-84+ BASIC and such languages, due to lack of grayscale support and speed problems, but JWinslow23 still managed to get the most out of that language and get 2nd place.
And if that few-pixel border wouldn't have been there, I'd be 2nd place+1 point. :P

But yeah. I wasn't sure what was so hard about it, once I figured out the best way to do it fullscreen :P

alexgt

Good job guys! sorry I was gone for the results :(
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

DarkestEx

Hmm, I had a very surprising axsembly engine for the TI-84+ too. It worked quite nice. Sadly I did not implement a game :(
And then the time ran out and I wrote the PC engine in like 5 or 6 hours.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 20, 2015, 02:43:15 PM
And if that few-pixel border wouldn't have been there, I'd be 2nd place+1 point. :P

But yeah. I wasn't sure what was so hard about it, once I figured out the best way to do it fullscreen :P
Yeah it's incredible to see how on monochrome models, Text() is actually so much faster than Pixel-Off/On(). On the CSE it's the complete opposite.
Quote from: alexgt on June 20, 2015, 11:10:49 PM
Good job guys! sorry I was gone for the results :(
No problem. Welcome back by the way :D
Quote from: DarkestEx on June 21, 2015, 12:55:44 AM
Hmm, I had a very surprising axsembly engine for the TI-84+ too. It worked quite nice. Sadly I did not implement a game :(
Aah I see. Maybe you could do a maze/dungeon game for calcs at one point regardless. :)

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

Quote from: DarkestEx on June 21, 2015, 12:55:44 AM
Aah I see. Maybe you could do a maze/dungeon game for calcs at one point regardless. :)
[/quote]
Yeah, I am definitly going to do that. The engine supports 4 level grayscale. Oh how sad, that I haven't implemented a game in time...
But yeah, I will redo TwelvePx on the calc; with more levels
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2