Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

4x3 contest results out! Click here to see who won!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 16, 2015, 03:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: brentmaas on June 16, 2015, 12:22:31 PM
Nooooooooo did I seriously forget to mention that spacebar is next turn? That was like minus twenty points too  O.O
It seems like so. D: The 3rd time I read the readme I even ran a CTRL+F search on "turn" to ensure that I did not miss anything important, but could not find any indication about how to end your turn.

Although I swear that I did try the spacebar and some other keys too during entry testing, and it didn't do anything at all. But maybe I was in the wrong screen. I think part of the issue was also that it was kinda confusing at times to figure out in which order to do stuff. >.< Too bad because the concept seemed very promising. I would like to see this game expanded further in the future.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

brentmaas

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 16, 2015, 01:01:21 PMIt seems like so. D: The 3rd time I read the readme I even ran a CTRL+F search on "turn" to ensure that I did not miss anything important, but could not find any indication about how to end your turn.

Although I swear that I did try the spacebar and some other keys too during entry testing, and it didn't do anything at all. But maybe I was in the wrong screen. I think part of the issue was also that it was kinda confusing at times to figure out in which order to do stuff. >.< Too bad because the concept seemed very promising. I would like to see this game expanded further in the future.
Yeah, except for the AI doing it's turn, no real animation or indication that a turn has passed...
Lel I glitched Omni

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 16, 2015, 01:01:21 PM
I think part of the issue was also that it was kinda confusing at times to figure out in which order to do stuff. >.<
Thats the hard part of a 4x3 contest after all :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 16, 2015, 04:48:39 AMHopefully the authors expand their games and perhaps remake them with high resolution graphics in the future. :)
I was planning on that but it's difficult since I don't have a cse.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

LD Studios

May not have ranked high, but I was 3rd place by the judging at least ^.^

Hayleia

Congrats to the winners :D
And thanks to people who created that contest too ;)

(And lol, I probably should have voted :P)

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: brentmaas on June 16, 2015, 12:22:31 PM
Nooooooooo did I seriously forget to mention that spacebar is next turn? That was like minus twenty points too  O.O
Your entry is awesome! I would have expected it to win :(

And I did know that I wouldn't had have any chance to win with a game, coded in 6 hours - the 6 hours before the deadline - but I am pretty angry on me.
The full screen factor and the levels. I wished that I had more time to create some better and more levels and I forgot to take out the debug line that disables full screen - dammit!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

unknownloner

I think we all know that The Game is the real winner here

/)

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

princetonlion.tibd

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: unknownloner on June 16, 2015, 09:07:09 PM
I think we all know that The Game is the real winner here
Actually at first I was contemplating starting the news article with "Basically, Cumred and his The Game entry have won by 100 points and got all votes, just to scare everyone, kinda like that fake news about how WFRNG Axe won the 2010 Axe contest. :P (the real results were posted the next day)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

If you were to do that dj people would have known it as a lie because of the 3 votes per person and the results accidentally being visible.

Also wfrng?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah. IIRC for the 2010 contest I had the results hidden forever, though. I had to make them public manually. I could have done that :P