Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Unexploded ordinance

Started by guicrith, May 28, 2015, 02:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guicrith

Unexploded ordinance the game where you must disarm bombs.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HuG10h5HbnV2hqTlBWS19CNGs/view?usp=sharing
Sorry attempting to embed the above link gave file not found so just copy above.

The first 3 are the rgb values of the color the fourth is the color.
You control the bottom color and must match it to the top color.
Though all colors are not available at all times and time is ticking.

More surprises to come when the game is released.
  • Calculators owned: None
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: GBC,PS1,GENESIS,NDS

Unicorn

Welcome to codewalrus guicrith! :walrii:

This is an entry to the contest I assume? If so, Good luck!

It looks pretty nice right now, but will you be able to finish in 3 days?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

guicrith

Already finished.(It took 2 days i have had the idea a long time it was designed for
an Arduino led board(with even less leds/pixels) but this contest gives about the same i/o capacity as an Arduino so it fit perfectly)

Unicorn

Oh, that's great! Also, you may want to use imgur.com for image uploading instead of drive.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Heya Guicrith and welcome to the forums. :D The idea seems interesting. I assume that the 3rd row of pixels is what represents time and scoring, right? And yeah imgur.com or img.ourl.ca are generally the best for image uploading, or img.codewalr.us if you ever reach an higher post count (although img.codewalr.us is limited to 128 KB images). All three lets you embed the image with img tags.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

EDIT: I confirm that I received your entry with everything needed included. It seems very fun to play by the way. I'll definitively add a red warning in the voting news when I'll make entries available for download about seizures, though O.O

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

AssemblyBandit

This is the game I played most out of the contest entries. At first it seemed a little confusing with all the colors changing so quick but I after I figured it out I kept trying to disarm it. I made it pretty far but I could never beat the one with just a lone red color. Have you made it for the arduino yet?

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I agree it was pretty fun. I was anxiously hoping I had thr colors right as the bomb was about to go off or get disarmed.

Also nice to see you again Assembly :). Did you buy the 84+CE?

AssemblyBandit

@DJ Omnimaga Hey DJ, and yeah, I got it. I was about to make a topic then I started playing all the contest entries :(

@guicrith Is it okay if I make this for arduino maybe?

Ivoah

This game wasn't created with colorblind people in mind, but I still had fun!
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

guicrith

You can make an arduino version it is open source feel free to do whatever you want with it as long as it is free.
I never finished the arduino version and dont plan too.(this is an enhanced version,the original arduino version had just 1 rgb led and 3 color dials)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Ivoah on June 08, 2015, 04:28:53 PM
Yeah the entire contest assumes that players are not color-blind, sadly. It was impossible to do otherwise in 4x3 HD resolution. :P

alexgt

Quote from: Ivoah on June 08, 2015, 04:28:53 PM
Are you color blind O.O
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

AssemblyBandit

When I get some more parts I will try it out, I don't have anything to use as dials right now though.