Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

:ninja: NAGOJI 4x3 [4x3 contest] [HP Prime]

Started by alexgt, April 30, 2015, 05:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

NAGOJI 4x3 pronounced NA-GO-JE is a game for the HP Prime. You are a skillful ninja with super human powers to jump, dive, and smash through anything in your way! But there is one catch you must defeat the master of all pixels. He is taller and stronger than you, he throws obstacles at you and he is incredibly scary  >B) but you the  :ninja: shall only prevail if you got da skillz. The question is if you can make it past all ten levels and defeat the master of all pixels to free your self from his cruel rule.

This game also has the retro feel of the z80's lcd just to make it feel more awesome!

Spoiler
I am not responsible for any rage this game causes comparable to flappy bird, also in higher tier levels you make have seizures if so consult your doctor promptly and see if this is right for you
[close]

EDIT:Here is the GIF

Sorry about the quality I need to tweak my OBS
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

OOh I was wondering if someone would do such game. Will it be like Mario, Flappy Bird or more top-down view where you move up or down? Also can you jump outside the screen?

And I like the TI-83+ style :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

You will be a 2 pixel tall :ninja: and you will be able to jump, dive, and smash the obstacles. The boss will have a damage meter (I don't know where) and it will have 3 or 4 pixels for the health and when they all turn red he will die.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 30, 2015, 05:39:21 PM
Also can you jump outside the screen?
I don't know what you mean but you reminded me that you will control him by tapping - for a smash, swipe up for a jump, and swipe forward (or to the right) to dive

Thanks for the ideas :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I see now, I like the diving idea. Maybe you could make some obstacles gray so that you can go through them when smashing into them accurately and others that you can go through?

As for jumping outside the screen I meant so that the guy isn't limited to the 3 pixels in height and be able to jump above obstacles. But that could cause some problems since people might just jump above every obstacle outside the top of the screen.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

He isn't 3 pixels tall he is 2 :P when he jumps he will move up 1 then down 1.

The obstacles are
Jump - The ones that are 1 pixel from the bottom
Dive - The ones that are two pixels from the top
Smash - The one that covers the entire 3 pixels

All of those you can get over without going over the screen!

I am working on controlling the player!

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I was talking about the screen vertical height, not the guy. Hence why I said 3 pixels :P

Also I like the idea. If the game speed increases the further you progress, this will definitively be fun to play :)

Snektron

Quote from: alexgt on April 30, 2015, 07:33:46 PM
He isn't 3 pixels tall he is 2 :P when he jumps he will move up 1 then down 1.

The obstacles are
Jump - The ones that are 1 pixel from the bottom
Dive - The ones that are two pixels from the top
Smash - The one that covers the entire 3 pixels

All of those you can get over without going over the screen!

I am working on controlling the player!
\
Ah, that clarifies a few things :) Great idea :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Got the player movements down stayed home "sick" from school today so I can work on it some more. Once you transfer to another level things will get faster by a little but I plan to make it more difficult in other ways...
I quote from original post
Spoiler
I am not responsible for any rage this game causes comparable to flappy bird, also in higher tier levels you make have seizures if so consult your doctor promptly and see if this is right for you
[close]
...Secrets

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 01, 2015, 05:13:37 AM
Oh I was talking about the screen vertical height, not the guy. Hence why I said 3 pixels :P

Also I like the idea. If the game speed increases the further you progress, this will definitively be fun to play :)
That might work but I wan't only one way to get over each obstacle and that would provide more than one.

UPDATE:
I have put in a leveling system and finalized the player movements. You will go up to level 10 then fight the boss (from my ~5 minutes of actual playing I only got up to level four but I am not very good at my own game :P )

At the start I made a timer that goes from red, yellow, green, then starts with 1 second spaces between them but that might be shortened

Sadly I am on my laptop that does not have the linking software so I will not be able to post screenies :( but they will be here soon.

Sorry for the double post but is it ok because it is a update?

Dream of Omnimaga

Yep it's OK :). Also how will boss fights be like, gameplay-wise?

alexgt

Still have to work that out I have ideas like dodging stuff would damage him but I'm not certain yet.

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. I can't wait to see what you have in store :)

alexgt

I started thinking on it again for the boss and I have the gameplay down pat. But I could use some ideas for the boss, the ones I come up with just wouldn't go well with 4x3 resolution :(