Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[4x3 Contest] Hyper Hues/Whack-a-Color

Started by Unicorn, April 29, 2015, 05:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Bump.

So there's a download link here.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I noticed the 4 versions. I picked the latest one for judging but of course if there were any issues then it's good that there were other versions as well, since older ones worked too.  I'll most likely start judging soon. I was taking a small break from stuff in general to cool down from stress from the previous weeks.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Great!
I just noticed some bugs with displaying the previous highscores at the end of the game, but now its to late x.x
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Quote from: Unicorn on June 05, 2015, 04:26:34 AM
Great!
I just noticed some bugs with displaying the previous highscores at the end of the game, but now its to late x.x

shhh, dont tell, you'll get a lower score :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

But the bugs don't effect gameplay at all! so it really doesn't matter. ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Though i'd imagine you'd get less points if your programs contains a lot of bugs :P though i guess its not that bad

Unicorn

Yeah, I guess. The bug is really hard to notice, and its probably something really dumb like storing 10 to a variable for two scores :P.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Oh i hate it when that happens, you release a program and like one sec after you find a really stupid bug <_<

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah the main issue is if the bugs affect gameplay. Of course, tho, if the bug affects in-game points but are easily noticeable, then that could affect the score a bit, but such bugs will probably affect score much less than install issues, install difficulty, overly large file size:content ratio and speed problems.

Unicorn

All that talk of speed reminds me, I should really try to use the xlibc getkey for it. Its noticibly faster right?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

If your game runs faster than 9 FPS, then it's better to use xLIBC getkey, because BASIC getkey only registers about 10 keypresses per second. If you play some ultra fast games on monochrome calcs, you will notice that some keypresses get missed when holding down arrows or DEL. I also bet that xLIBC getkey is faster.

Unicorn

Yeah, it would be nice to have the keypresses register fairly fast. I'll implement it later if I can.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???