Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[4x3 Contest] Hyper Hues/Whack-a-Color

Started by Unicorn, April 29, 2015, 05:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

The color show in the top right hand corner, and the color shown when you first start thr game.

I'm also thinking that hitting a tan would give you a point, and hitting white, would subtract one. What do you think?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

That could work, as long as hitting the wrong color doesn't give a point as well lol. I guess it could be like those rhythm or reflex games. (although of course slower due to the xLIBC BASIC limitations)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Well duh. I never actually though that I woud say xlibc basic limitations. :p

But yeah, a reflex type thing where the color only appears for a short time.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Unicorn

Bumpity bump bump!

So, update!

The color now randomly changes and it changes more often as you get a higher score.

screenie:

I'm gonna make one showing the keys using jstified.

So, the todo list.

Update (stuff done):

.Better color changing
.Quitting
.Lives integration

Todo:

.Highscores
.White and Tan score +5 and score -5
.Other suggestions?

Thats all! Updated screenshot maybe tonight.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Looks awesome, hope you finish ;)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Nice progress. :D By the way have you tried experimenting with alternating between both screen sides? Because it's possible to get rid of the entire flickering.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

What flickering? When you lose? Thats just a emulator error, its really inverting colors.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Unicorn

Woop! I feel the rage starting! I just need to implement highscores.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

^ I just need to make it say YOU WIN or WIN or something and I am done :P

Unicorn

For me it shows the color of your score.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

So you have a guide to see how high you got? I have a score in 8-Bit binary if you die before you win.

Unicorn

Yeah, everything's in the readme! :)  I do want to make a side program so people can check the score on call when the contest is over. ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

That would be cool :). Couldn't you save it to a var and have the user display it?

123outerme

The flickering DJ Omnimaga was talking about was the flickering to clear the screen. You can just buffer the next screen to GRAM without updating the LCD iirc.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Unicorn

Oh, I think I understand. The flickering when the squares are drawn? Or is it when you lose? That flickering is an emulator error, it is supposed to invert to colors a few times.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???