Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Have you ever been to a music concert?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, April 24, 2015, 11:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I thought I would start a music concert topic since Summer is approaching and there are lots of festivals. Have you ever been to a music concert before or do you plan to go to any in the near future? And I really mean actual commercial bands/artists (eg Nightwish, Metallica, Lady Gaga, etc) or popular tribute bands, not school band concerts.

In my case, I'm going to see Metallica on Sept 14th in Quebec City. I was lucky to get a ticket because it sold out in under 15 minutes. I bought my ticket 5 minutes after sale began and when I tried again after my purchase out of curiosity there was one more at an upper level, then everything was gone. The Sept 16th concert in the newer venue was sold out less than a minute after sale began. I can't wait :D

Also in the past four years I saw many other bands too. Among the big ones I saw Iron Maiden, Irish Moutarde (three times), Dropkick Murphys, Guns N Roses (the one with Axl), Bon Jovi, Rogers Waters, Over Kill, Sabaton (twice), Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Bad Religion, Amon Amarth, Eluveitie (twice), Dance Laury Dance (5 times), Vilain Pingouin (twice) and Alcoholica. I saw others too but those are the ones I remember the most. Given the many metal concerts I went to, I also had my share of mosh pits and I witnessed at least three walls of death so far. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I once went to an orchestra... That doesn't really count though.

I am going to New York for the summer so I may go see a band there.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Strontium

I've been to multiple Roger Waters concerts since I was ~5, mostly when he performed The Wall. Other than that, I haven't really been to much other concerts, other than a Peter Gabriel one.
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Yuki

I went to a lot of concerts with DJ (so I won't state them all again, but it's most of them). Last weekend I also saw Mika Kobayashi (the one who sings on some anime openings such as Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan) and the Montreal Videogame Orchestra as part of Nadeshicon, an anime convention in Québec.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh nice Strontium that you got to see The Wall too. In my case it was an outdoor concert and I think it lasted about 3 hours including the intermission. It was one of the best experience I witnessed.

I also forgot to mention I might go see Ensiferum with Korpiklaani in May, but I'm still not 100% sure yet. I also plan to go see Kamelot with Dragonforce on November 22nd.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

I have never been to a concert. A lot of my friends have though, but i don't think i will go in the near future. This might change in a few years though :P
btw: i hear Rammstein concerts are awesome  O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Damn yes they are. Rammstein abuses SFX it's crazy.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Pyrotechnics too. I wish I could go to one. I heard there were some pyrotechnic incidents on the stage, though O.O

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes Motley Crue comes to Quebec City on October 20th. I might scrap my plans for Dragonforce and go see Motley instead, especially that it's their last tour ever.

Unicorn

Oo Motley?! Goto that :P.

An yeah, I went to a barenaked  ladies concert this summer! (it hhad great commentary and banter about seagulls.) :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

c4ooo

I've never bean to a concert by a big band, but I've bean to several performances of my guitar teacher, who has a band up in Duluth, Minnesota. (Technically Superior,  Wisconsin, but the two towns are very close and have always shared a culture so whatever :P ) and really I have no desire. IMHO "the music died" (yes that's a reference) in the 90s. To bad I was not alive back then :(

Unicorn

Totally agreeing with that. All th gooduic was in the 60s-80s. When we werwn't alive :'(

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

Yeah, I learned about Jazz history in Jazz camp this summer, so now I listen to Miles Davis.

I only listened to random WW2 music before :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

alexgt

I actually have never went to a concert and don't listen to music somehow O.O
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on August 12, 2015, 05:44:50 AM
Oo Motley?! Goto that :P.

An yeah, I went to a barenaked  ladies concert this summer! (it hhad great commentary and banter about seagulls.) :P
Haha nice, those can be fun too, but in North America they just play crappy music x.x.

As for music I like recent stuff too but it depends which genre. I like metal regardless of the year but I dislike most electronic music made after 2002.