Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Contests discussion (split thread)

Started by Unicorn, April 04, 2015, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Before First Fantasy 8 for sure :P

More seriously I was analyzing my free time in the next two months to ensure I can help running it. But overall it's pretty decided how it will be, except the judging process.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Contest has been postponed due to uncertain health. Not sure if I have anything wrong but I need extra rest since the last week or so, which cuts my free time down considerably.

Possible contest start dates will now have to fit within one of the following ranges

April 30th to May 6th (deadline would be from May 31st to June 6th)
June 19th to July 2nd (deadline would be from July 19th to August 1st)
July 23rd to 29th (deadline would be from August 23rd to 29th)

Because the contest lasts 1 month and with such start dates, I would be in vacation from work when the deadline arrives. The sooner the better, though, because I often go out during Summer.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

April 30th to May 6th is the one! DJ, hope your health is fine!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Yuki

Starting it in the first week of May sounds good. Although I can always help.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

Yeah i agree on the first week of may. I have a 2-week break from school just after that and i don't think my parents were panning on going somewhere so i'll have enough free time :)

Dream of Omnimaga

Read: Cumred wants to win by default :trollface:

Snektron

DarkestEx

So what platforms are then supported, and what programming languages?
I'd love to participate, but I can only program Axe for the TI-83+ and TI-84+ and PC games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Yuki

Quote from: DarkestEx on April 13, 2015, 02:30:43 PM
I'd love to participate, but I can only program Axe for the TI-83+ and TI-84+ and PC games.
Mostly all of them, I think. We'll announce it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

AAHHHH!

The suspense is killing me. 0.0
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: DarkestEx on April 13, 2015, 02:30:43 PM
Every platform I own is supported (basically, this excludes iOS, Mac OS, Linux and older HP calcs). TI-BASIC might pose a challenge for this particular contest, though.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

• Calculators owned: A lot.

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

DarkestEx

No! Please Axe and Basic! O.O
People can always learn the other language, but I don't like being forced to use TI-BASIC when not necessary.
I think there should be either a file size limit and/or a closer time limit (less time) instead.
The game itself should be judged, not the language.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2