Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

AdventureWalrus! [CSE] [xlibC]

Started by Unicorn, April 04, 2015, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

I've had some idea, as well as some changes.

Your health will be capped when you reach a certain level, and to level up you need to get xp from defeating monsters. When you level up, you get points that you can spend of your attack or health pots.
The map will be a tilemap when I figure out how to make one. I think I might release a beta soon, as battling is balanced, and health pots are pretty much done. It doesn't save to a list yet, and probably won't until I get a storyline going.

For now, I need to finish health pots and implement xp.

So yeah, in the future, if someone wants to test out the battling and make sure it isn't broken, PM me please ;)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Feel free to ask help in a different topic if you need tilemapping help. :) Also I like the level up points. :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on January 26, 2016, 09:15:48 PM
sounds Awesome!!!
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 27, 2016, 05:30:14 AM
Feel free to ask help in a different topic if you need tilemapping help. :) Also I like the level up points. :)

Thanks!
I don't think I will need tilemapping help (thanks to a tutorial by PT_, but I will ask if I need it!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Unicorn

The menus are all done, I just need to implement points to attack and points to health points. Then comes xp and leveling, and after that I may release a alpha/beta version for someone to test outt the battleing and leveling system.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Glad to see updates. Do you have screenshots?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

no... I will make some when I get xp and points working.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Have you gotten any luck finding more time to work on this Unicorn?

Unicorn

Not really... I've been busy getting distracted with arduino things as well as getting a little bit bored of working on this. I probably will get to working on it periodically.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. Feel free to share your Arduino stuff in the hardware section, by the way. I hope AdventureWalrus doesn't die, though. Maybe once you finish your FloodIt game you could attempt making a TI-84+CE C version of Adventure Walrus?

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 01, 2016, 06:00:04 AM
Maybe once you finish your FloodIt game you could attempt making a TI-84+CE C version of Adventure Walrus?
That is quite ambitious, I don't think it needs the speed boost, though. I'll just make sure its xLIBCE  compatible ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. I just thought about it if the game remains simple, since it could be a nice learning project since you got into C :)

And it will work on xLIBCE if you don't use Celtic commands like I do in First Fantasy and that you make sure to stick to 160x120 mode.

Unicorn

So I've been doing somethig to ths program, ad I have a question. How do the uservars work in terms of stroage? Are they like regular ti variabes that are protected from ram clears? If someone else uses thesame number uservar will it change my data? Ishoud use lists, anyway, right?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm good question actually. I always thought that they were stored in some SafeRAM area that is erased on RAM clears or when exiting an xLIBC program.

Unicorn

They didn't seem to change when the ram was cleared, but maybe they do. Anyways, will store the values to a list.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???