Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Fiscal Kombat

Started by Yuki, April 08, 2017, 04:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

http://fiscalkombat.fr/

For those not following the French elections, that's one of the candidates of the left, Jean-Luc Mélenchon. And he actually got a videogame made for his campaign. That is actually good. Nice.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Hahaha, nice one. This guy is getting a lot of memes besides that it seems. But he's a commie so he should burn, ultimately. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

If the prime minister is the one the player controls then this would apply to Quebec and Canada government :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

I looked at the code and it makes me cry ;_;
The political movement is so in favour of libre software, Fiscal Kombat itself is proprietary :/
Or the fact that Melenchon's book was built-in with Adobe DRMs.
For someone who swears vengeance against big corporations, i find this quite contradictory.

If only i could vote for Walrii...

As far the game goes, it is quite simple and also very hard : 1 live, no continues.
My highscore is 26 000 € (or something like that)
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: gameblabla on April 08, 2017, 03:41:54 PM
The political movement is so in favour of libre software, Fiscal Kombat itself is proprietary :/
This is normal. Governments never hold their promises. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: gameblabla on April 08, 2017, 03:41:54 PM
I don't see why that game should be libre, no need to do a Stallman here. The important things to make libre are open data and tools that work with that data, and use existing libre software whenever possible.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 08, 2017, 05:38:08 PM
Governments never hold their promises. :P
I'd like to see him rewrite the French constitution and start the 6th Republic. :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

gameblabla

Quote from: Juju on April 08, 2017, 06:58:24 PMI don't see why that game should be libre, no need to do a Stallman here. The important things to make libre are open data and tools that work with that data, and use existing libre software whenever possible.
Speaking of Richard Stallman...

For the ebook with DRM, this is what i was talking about :
http://www.numilog.com/720416/L-avenir-en-commun-Le-programme-de-la-France-insoumise-et-son-candidat-Jean-Luc-Melenchon.ebook
I don't say that he should not use proprietary software but at least he should make some efforts and release his own one as libre.

TLDR; game is cool but everything else is a lie.

Dream of Omnimaga

c4ooo

Can i play this in english?

gameblabla

Quote from: c4ooo on April 09, 2017, 06:28:29 PM
Can i play this in english?
@c4ooo, you can now, thanks to me :
https://gameblabla.nl/fiscal/Fiscal-Kombat.zip
Play it using your web browser. (open index.html)

Disclaimer : The translation is more cliché, Melenchon seems more arrogant, and sometimes it differs from the french version.

I had to download all the assets and data and i noticed that there's some unused dialogue.
For the final version, they made it shorter.

@Juju, can we add the English translated version on codewalrus ?
Just to screw him over :P

Yuki

Sure thing. I'll take it down if they don't like it.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

c4ooo

I got 100000 euro :P
The game uses arrow keys for input, which are also the keys to scroll the page up and down  :-\