Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What are you listening to?

Started by Yuki, January 04, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Just by the name, just by the name... Oh and have you ever listenend some Mylène Farmer. She got too in full NSFW there. Just look the long version of her "Libertine" song. Half crude lyrics, duel, sex. All the thing uncensored and aired on TV. It came at an era where censorship was not that present on french broadcasts. Now, even a nipple cannot past out the radars!

(Offtopic my two cents : they censor the nipple but not the Charlie Hebdo/Hyper Cacher shootings... They censor smokes or pipe tobbaco but they omit bleedings half-dismembered people... What a curious censorship policy)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah I didn't know Mylène Farmer did such song too. And yeah back then over here too there wasn't that much censorship on broadcasts, although it was more TV that wasn't affected. For example, most Rock et Belles Oreilles stuff would never have been allowed if it was created today. Same for Piment Fort jokes. Now RBO is still allowed because most sketches are cult classics, but they rarely air (although that might be because they are for sale on a DVD package now).

Quote from: Eiyeron on January 15, 2015, 10:48:14 AM
They censor smokes or pipe tobbaco
Maybe it's illegal to promote use of tobbaco in medias?

This is why nowadays you rarely see people smoking inside movies. Some countries have laws disallowing promotion or depiction of use of tobbaco so that people won't be tempted to start smoking.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Well back then tobacco products were everywhere, you'd even see characters in a show randomly plugging products (because well that's how it was done at the time), but then they realized tobacco was bad for your health, so they tried to ban tobacco ads and stuff. Nowadays, yeah you'll still see some but it's made clear those ads were made in the 60s because nostalgia.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

I think they stopped advertising tobbaco here around the 70's or so, but in sports stadiums they only stopped in the 90's and on Formula 1 cars they stopped in the late 2000's.

Also, about that France Gall song, what is surprising the most honestly is how such song was allowed to be published in the 60's lol. Back then, this is how most pr0n looked like:

Ok, maybe I'M exagerating a bit (this would probably be more how it looked like in the 19th century), but still, back in the days, people mentalities were very uptight about such things.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh look what I found :D  http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14941046/

Albion (the guy who made Crystal Towers 2) actually plays live now apparently or at least showcases songs live. And here's a studio version of one of his more recent songs and it sounds really cool IMHO. The lyrics might sound a bit weird to some people but it's really getting there now. Maybe eventually he could start a power metal band. :D

EDIT Here's the video of the furry convention. The song isn't played live, but it looks like it's only a matter of time before he starts doing so I think. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XrRt4jFMQ4

I really need to get a guitar one day and learn it.

unknownloner

Speaking of osu!, this song has a ridiculous map that I'm pretty nobody can legitimately 100%

So catchy though!

/)

Yuki

Did he actually managed to play guitar with a fursuit on?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

aetios

Quote from: Juju on January 18, 2015, 06:40:30 AM
Did he actually managed to play guitar with a fursuit on?
Quote from: DJ furnimaga. The song isn't played live, but it looks like it's only a matter of time before he starts doing so I think

I downloaded 14GB of music from AKB48 (akihabara 48) yesterday, so I've been checking that out :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

The last one from Bruno Mara is catchy enough to I having downloaded it.

Snektron

is he slowly becomig Michael Jackson?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

aetios

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on January 18, 2015, 09:17:50 PM
is he slowly becomig Michael Jackson?
I can see him becoming the new King of Pop. Dang his songs are catchy.
He looks a lot less creepy than MJ, though ^^'''
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Actually, he does a log of genre. I remember one song which was more Bob Dylan's style.

Dream of Omnimaga

Dream of Omnimaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_tH43boC1Y

Freedom call is awesome. One album I recommend is the 2013 Best of album. The first album and the 2002 one are pretty great too but I didn't have much chance to listen to the 2005 and 2010 ones.

This band seems good too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTlhUfBLKlM