Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

HARDWIRED... TO SELF-DESTRUCT

Started by novenary, August 19, 2016, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

I can't find this one on the channel weirdly enough. Can't wait for tomorrow. :D

Yuki

Yeah, it's unlisted on YouTube, but it's on their Facebook page.

Also you can probably find the entire album already on the internets.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

novenary

Ah OK. I'm on my phone and the mobile site doesn't show that a video is unlisted.

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome song. THanks for sharing. I might buy the album tomorrow evening if it's still in stock (I heard a worker at HMV say they will have 150 copies or so).

Also some people say that this new album will be a mix of both the old and new metallica stuff, but so far it seems that aside from this song, most shared songs are more like the old than DM was. Either way I can't wait to get a copy :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

It's something between Death Magnetic and their 90s stuff it seems.

Dream of Omnimaga

I would say more their 80's stuff than Death Magnetic. The DM feel comes from the mixing overall I think. This new album sounds even closer to the 80's stuff but it definitively has influences from their 90's stuff too. Maybe they took less inspiration from Load and instead used Black album and Reload? Also I heard that one song will sound inspired from St Anger (perhaps not the drums?).

Also I just saw Juju shared another song on the previous page (the beginning reminds me a bit of some Ride the Lightning material). But they also posted Confusion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZChXK2rdr9M
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Well I listen to a remixed version of Death Magnetic, it's more than just the mixing that makes the album tick. It's very different from their 80s stuff.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah true. They tried with DM to go back to their roots, but it didn't work (well, it worked in the way that the result sounds good, but it's not even close to their actual roots). Seems like this time around they had more success, from the songs I heard so far.

I hope the mixing in the album won't have clipping like in DM.

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow they really posted the entire album on their channel? I was gonna say at first I hoped you didn't post illegal download links, then I saw Youtube links so I figured, well... fine, but now I see it's from MetallicaTV. Even better.

Gonna listen soon :) Now that makes me wish HMV or Renaud Bray over here were located outside shopping malls, because I bet they would have opened at 12 AM like some stores do during big game launches. Oh well, there's tomorrow :P

novenary

I'm impressed, it's really good. Not as good as remastered Death Magnetic, but overall it's a great album. Pretty much a mashup of everything they've done so far. I love it.

aetios

Just ordered the deluxe version \m/ Arrives tomorrow :D
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

I got my copy during dinner break. Wo :walrii: ohoo!

EDIT: Guys, my copy I got came with three CD's O.O (including Lords of Summer). It has about a dozen of recordings of either cover songs or live performances. Awesome.

EDIT: I have good news! The clipping problem seen in Death Magnetic is gone from this album. Or at least, it's nowhere close to as severe. Now it's on-par with Beyond Magnetic EP in terms of sound quality. Death Magnetic sound quality was just an absolute disaster.