Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] Opossum Massage Simulator [TI-84+CSE][TI-Nspire][PC][Android][HP Prime]

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 18, 2016, 07:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

It is widely known on Youtube that opossums have the instinct to repel aliens. :trollface: You can now practice your opossum massaging skills on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, TI-83 Premium CE, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-Nspire CX, HP Prime, Android and PC platforms!

The speed at which you massage the animal depends of his mood. Massaging too fast or too slow will move the cursor in the red or green and if it reaches the limits then it's game over. This is an unnoficial, spiritual sequel to Hong Kong 97 for the Super Nintendo.

Donal Trump will not be featured in the ticalc.org version of the game (as per their site policies). This game is notorious for having accurately predicted a Donald Trump win at the 2016 American elections, 21 years after Hong Kong 97 did the same with Deng Xiaoping death. Opossum Massage Simulator was released 9 months prior the 2016 US elections, while Hong Kong 97 was released two years (1995) before Xiaoping's death.

TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and HP Prime screenshots:

TI-84 Plus CE and TI-83 Premium CE screenshots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLkj3CpeIM

Download links:

TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition: https://codewalr.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1129.0;attach=969
TI-84 Plus CE and TI-83 Premium CE: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=729821
TI-Nspire (port by Gameblabla): https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=670.msg35175#msg35175
HP Prime: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=2871782
PC (Gameblabla): https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=670.msg35175#msg35175
Android (Gameblabla): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameblabla.opossum
Game Boy and Game Boy Color: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=729821
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Not now, because the game isn't finished yet. :P

Also, if I ever make a CE and Prime version I might add achievements :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SiphonicSugar

You know, games like this are the reason why we can't have nice things. JK  :P

This does seem like a pretty great game. ;D
  • Calculators owned: TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-92, TI-84 Plus C SE, and TI-Nspire CAS with Touchpad
I'm just trying to grab some inspiration. :P

123outerme

I clicked on this thread expecting to see some load of Steam crap that we're all making fun of. I was horribly wrong, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing.
Anyways, DJ, the game looks to possibly be... FUN! I know, sounds impossible from a game that has "Simulator" in the title, especially with the previously mentioned Steam "Simulator" games.
(Man, I'm really firing shots at Steam though)
Like I said, I'm willing to try it out, and before I do, I'm gonna say it seems to be quality, considering you're the one who's making it, and the fact that it takes a lot of effort to create a calculator game, which isn't directly sold for money.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

catastropher

• Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-83+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-Nspire CX, TI-92+, TI-89 Titanium
Creator of X3D, a 3D portal rendering game engine for Nspire, 68k, and PC

Dream of Omnimaga

@123outerme actually the game is kinda a joke in reference to the Youtube opossum massage lady, but the story and game goal was also inspired from Hong Kong 97 and those weird Steam games. The goal was to make people think "Wow, I never thought such game would ever exist".

Regarding quality, it's obviously gonna be CSE hybrid BASIC quality but it won't try to be Big Rigs. :P

Yuki

I'm pretty sure it would sell on Steam if there's a PC port.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

Wow. Can you please add upgrades and Achievements to the CSE version? lol this looks fun :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dudeman313

I'd like to see the possum bite your face off when you lose. :P

Achievement idea- Pound it! (Keep the possum satisfied for more than 90 seconds)
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

If there is one, I think it should use the same graphics for kicks. It would be more true to the original. But to get past greenlight it would require promotion, such as on reddit or something, and perhaps more features. For now I am focusing on a xLIBC version, though, which, hopefully will work on the 84+CE when DCE9 comes out

Quote from: Unicorn on February 19, 2016, 04:08:02 AM
Wow. Can you please add upgrades and Achievements to the CSE version? lol this looks fun :P
I might add achievements, but not that many for speed reasons.

Dream of Omnimaga

Not much progress, but I just found my old text file that contained achievements ideas and ideas for perhaps some animations. It dates all the way back in December and back then the game was called Super Opossum Massage but due to some Steam game releases in particular inspiring me, I changed the name to Opossum Massage Simulator. :P (even though the title has absolutely nothing to do with the game premise). Also I might scrap two of the massager sprites that are not used so far, to save space, because I would like to put a :walrii: in the game for one of the achievements.

Dudeman313

Stop! :walrii: time!
Keep the possum happy for so long it does the walrii flop.
:P

And you moved this! I was just thinking, tha for a founder who makes a lot of stuff, you should probably have a subforum by now. Will you also shove "Legend of Zelda: Dark Link's Quest on a CE??" in there?
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

If I ever make a new large project like DLQ, then it will have its own sub-forum. Elite Coder sub-forums are only for their smaller projects (and I somehow forgot to add my own sub-forum despite being Elite Coder <_<)