Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(Results out!) The Walrii programming contest comes to an end!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 20, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which contest II entry is your favorite?

Unicorn

Quote from: Dudeman313 on January 21, 2016, 01:10:39 AM
Thanks!
Where can I get an HP Prime ROM?
For the HP Prime, you can download the HP Connectivity kit and the Emulator here: http://www.hpprime.de/en/category/6-downloads

And use the video that Dj posted above
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dudeman313

Thanks! This makes my 21st post, so now I can vote!
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

DarkestEx

I am just voting for c4ooo, even though I was not able to try it yet (too lazy to dig up my old TI-84+, install TIConnect which is crap and delete stuff off my 84+), as I can't play the other entries and JWinslow's never seems to load the leaderboard, making the game hang after the first try and having me to exit out of the game and restart the executable. Good job though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

JWinslow23

Quote from: DarkestEx on January 21, 2016, 03:07:02 PM
I am just voting for c4ooo, even though I was not able to try it yet (too lazy to dig up my old TI-84+, install TIConnect which is crap and delete stuff off my 84+), as I can't play the other entries and JWinslow's never seems to load the leaderboard, making the game hang after the first try and having me to exit out of the game and restart the executable. Good job though.
The game didn't hang. The leaderboard just doesn't work on any version but the online version. Just click the play button and you're fine. Did you read the readme? :P

DarkestEx

Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 21, 2016, 05:42:58 PM
The game didn't hang. The leaderboard just doesn't work on any version but the online version. Just click the play button and you're fine. Did you read the readme? :P
I never read the readme unless something does not compile :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

JWinslow23

Quote from: DarkestEx on January 21, 2016, 06:04:01 PM
Well, it does specifically state that highscores only work on the online version. Always read the readme next time ;)

DarkestEx

Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 21, 2016, 06:10:30 PM
Well, it does specifically state that highscores only work on the online version. Always read the readme next time ;)
Well I was just searching for an excuse.
Idk how c4ooo's is but I played yours a bit. I was mainly voting for program language effort. Scratch is just nothing I personally like that much but TI-84 requires some more skills. Just forget about it, I removed the vote.

JWinslow23

Quote from: DarkestEx on January 21, 2016, 06:14:33 PM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 21, 2016, 06:10:30 PM
Well I was just searching for an excuse.
Idk how c4ooo's is but I played yours a bit. I was mainly voting for program language effort. Scratch is just nothing I personally like that much but TI-84 requires some more skills. Just forget about it, I removed the vote.
Are you kidding? Do you know how much trouble I had to go through to learn a new programming language and use it to make a full-fledged game? Have you looked at the horribly inefficient code? (click "See inside" on the online version) I'd say that took way more effort than even my Walrii demo :P

critor

Very nice games. :)

For Walrii Throw by Unicorn, I'm getting distorted colors compared to the screenshot :

Can you help me ?

Tested on a TI-84+CSE with DoorsCS 8.2 downloaded on ticalc.org and OS 4.0.

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm i think I know why: @Unicorn probably forgot to use real(0,3,5,0) at the beginning of his program. Changing the last argument to something else rotates sprite, rectangle and text colors.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

critor

Thank you for your reply. :)

but then, how can the screenshot in the 1st post be correct ?

c4ooo

Well tbh alexgt's looks the best :P Being in color probably contributed something, and of course i dont know if the actual gameplay is any good becouse i dont have the HP(?) to play it :P (EG, is the game a good difficulty level, ect stuff like that ;) )

alexgt

Quote from: c4ooo on January 22, 2016, 02:54:18 AM
Well tbh alexgt's looks the best :P Being in color probably contributed something, and of course i dont know if the actual gameplay is any good becouse i dont have the HP(?) to play it :P (EG, is the game a good difficulty level, ect stuff like that ;) )
If you have a PC I included a PC version in the zip folder so anyone can play. Since most are lacking a Prime :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

c4ooo

Quote from: alexgt on January 22, 2016, 03:26:05 AM
Quote from: c4ooo on January 22, 2016, 02:54:18 AM
If you have a PC I included a PC version in the zip folder so anyone can play. Since most are lacking a Prime :P
Yea maybe :)
Also lol i am tired right now so some of my sentances dont make sense, eg by "Being in color probably contributed something," i meant that being in color might earn it some extra points that it might lacks in game play ;) But of course i dont even know what the game pplay is like, i just remember that you never implemented enemies, which could make it boring :P

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX