Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(Results out!) The Walrii programming contest comes to an end!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 20, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which contest II entry is your favorite?

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok lol. That said, it's not like the judging scores impacted the vote results this much, because they were very close compared to the previous contest. I'll post a new topic with the results when ready.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

I hope everybody's shooting for first place! But if there's one thing I've always said, it's that the first place podium thingy gets crowded easily...so it'll be interesting to see who stays on top!

alexgt

Quote from: JWinslow23 on February 03, 2016, 02:35:44 AM
I do. But voting shows how popular your game is among the players. And I think that's most important ;)
Well, even though it doesn't have as many votes as others, it doesn't mean it is bad, some people might not even have a PC to play it on. (or are just to lazy <_<)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

JWinslow23

Quote from: alexgt on February 03, 2016, 02:59:38 AM
I do. But voting shows how popular your game is among the players. And I think that's most important ;)
Well, even though it doesn't have as many votes as others, it doesn't mean it is bad, some people might not even have a PC to play it on. (or are just to lazy <_<)
I know, but it still gives an idea. I think this also shows what platforms people have available. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why c4ooo did so well in the voting round, because everybody loves calculators :love: heh

semiprocoder

Yeah I think part of the reason is some people cant run other games/are too lazy to, so they end up voting for a certain game thats easiest to run. However, the other games were pretty good and probably better than mine.(#GRUMBLINGABOUTLOSING)
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

alexgt

semiprocoder

Idk, scratch is laggy for me for some reason, so I had to run the swf file.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

alexgt

Quote from: JWinslow23 on February 03, 2016, 03:05:54 AM
I mean, mine was a simple online site, or a .exe if you downloaded from the thread. Talk about laziness :P
I played it and got 169 ;)
(on scratch)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on February 03, 2016, 02:59:38 AM
Yeah that's the main problem with multi-platform contests. But splitting it in multiple categories would have not only resulted into everyone winning by default, but it would also bankrupted CodeWalrus. :P

Anyway now that the results are out, I'm gonna close the two topics and redirect everyone to the results topic for discussion :)

https://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=1074.0
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U