Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(Results out!) The Walrii programming contest comes to an end!

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 20, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which contest II entry is your favorite?

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, it's the end of the 2nd CodeWalrus contest! This one was about walruses. Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry!

You were a total of 5 contestants who submitted an entry, they have now been screened and accepted by staff! The downloads will appear inside the survey in this topic at any moment!

You are now free to release your own copy of the entry or updates in your topic and if you couldn't enter in time, then we still encourage you to continue working on your walrus game as a regular project.

Meanwhile, entries will be judged then once both judging and voting are over, the scores will be combined like during the 4x3 contest last Spring. You only have two weeks to vote.

Have fun! :3=

UPDATE (Feb 2nd 2016): The final results are out! http://codewalr.us/index.php?topic=1074.0
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ordelore

• Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes. Your entry was rejected because it was just a link to the Youtube rickroll. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Great job getting everything in on time everyone! I sure had to rush... (I barely paid any attention in school :P)

So can we release different version of our game now? I want to finish it up...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yes, you can now release updates. But the contest poll will still links to the last entry received via e-mail, like last time.

kegwaan

The ones that I've tried are all fun (c4ooo, JWinslow23, and Unicorn). I wish that @JWinslow23 continued development for Wal-Rush on calc <_< still a lot of fun though
I haven't gotten to try Zampy's Quest because I don't on an HP Prime, which is a shame because I've been following that topic and waiting for it  to be released. But I do have the HP Prime Emulator, so if someone could tell me how to transfer the program to the emu, that'd be great.
Great job everyone  :thumbsup:
P.S. sorry semiprocoder, I don't have an Nspire or an Nspire emu so I won't be able to play yours  :'(
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

JWinslow23

First off, kegwaan, it's "Wal-Rush!". Get it right :P

Second off, I'm glad to see a formidable competition here. Unfortunately, I do not have an HP Prime or Nspire, nor do I plan to get one before voting is over, so I will not vote for an entry (if any of you were hoping for a little boost by me :P ). Good luck, everyone, and may the best programmer win! :thumbsup:

alexgt

• Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Quote from: kegwaan on January 20, 2016, 12:10:24 PM
The ones that I've tried are all fun (c4ooo, JWinslow23, and Unicorn). I wish that @JWinslow23 continued development for Wal-Rush on calc <_< still a lot of fun though
I haven't gotten to try Zampy's Quest because I don't on an HP Prime, which is a shame because I've been following that topic and waiting for it  to be released. But I do have the HP Prime Emulator, so if someone could tell me how to transfer the program to the emu, that'd be great.
Great job everyone  :thumbsup:
P.S. sorry semiprocoder, I don't have an Nspire or an Nspire emu so I won't be able to play yours  :'(
If you have the connectivity software open and have the emulator running, the connectivity software will find it like a real calculator. Then you drag and drop the program to the calc, I believe. (I might be wrong abut this, check with alexgt0
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I like what I see from the entries, especially considering the deadline. Also for the HP Prime emulator you need to put the programs in documents and settings/appdata/roaming/HP Prime or something like that.

EDIT: Here is a video by alexgt on how to get Zampy Quest to run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcuBzsVZto8

Dudeman313

Something slightly off-topic:
How come there's no Ninja Walrii?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I think the Microcat Walrii could count as one actually. Check the Walrii fanart thread for it. Or you could try to make one :)

Also @Unicorn the video you wanted is in my previous post. :)

Dudeman313

How can I test the other games(the ones not for TI-84+ or PC) when I don't have those systems?
The answer is "Sure."

alexgt

If you have a computer you can use WabbitEMU to emulate them. Find it here https://wabbit.codeplex.com/
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dudeman313

Thanks!
Where can I get an HP Prime ROM?
The answer is "Sure."