Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CSE] Nagoji 4x3 CSE [Hybrid Basic]

Started by Unicorn, July 22, 2015, 10:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

So, @alexgt has let me port his Nagoji contest entry to the TI 84+ CSE!
Its all finished! Wooooo!
You must play the part of the Ninja (Ninja-go) and deke all of the obstacles. This version includes highscores, crazy colors, and even a preview on the menu!
This will only work on the TI 84+ CSE. More levels will come. Eventually.
HAVE FUN!

I have heard something about @DJ Omnimaga trying to port this to the CE???

Download below!

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I can give you the run down when I get to my PC (the levels and the color changes)
Also I will make a PC version so you can play it and see the actual game :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Do you plan to use 4x3 squares or sprites that forms the 4x3 grid by the way? I am curious about how fast such game could get. It shouldn't be too slow with just squares, though (see my Tunnel game)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Unicorn is just porting it (although he can fancy it up since I couldn't do much with 4x3 graphics)
I would't think that it would be that slow if you can draw squares with the CSE. Also what language are you useing Unicorn, Basic?

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. My speed concerns was because in pure ASM, it takes 0.125 seconds to fill a 160x240 area of the screen with a single color, meaning that in his case, it would be 0.015625 seconds to update the row of blocks coming in and 0.005083 seconds to display the character again (he will flicker). This is because TI couldn't afford to spend an extra $0.05 to put an eZ80 in the TI-84+CSE instead of a 15 MHz Z80 that can't handle such large screen. While this doesn't seem like much, this adds up fast in the already slow language that is TI-BASIC.

It will most likely be fast enough for a Nagoji port, but if your HP Prime games had later levels that scrolled at 60 FPS or so, then those levels won't be possible, since he won't get more than 6 FPS.

And I think he uses TI-BASIC with xLIB.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Ahhh, well he can slow it down all he wants (it might be better that way I hear from you it is quite hard O.O have you had any luck with the new controls). I don't know how fast it is at the end but I do know that 6 fps barely will cut it.

Unicorn

Well, I'll try! I think I'm going to draw ahead of time on the other side of the screen, so there shouldn't be too much time dedicated to drawing. Oh yeah, and yes, DJ, xLib. ;)

Also, thanks for checking that out and making a pc compatible game :)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Quote from: Unicorn on July 23, 2015, 01:58:03 AM
Well, I'll try! I think I'm going to draw ahead of time on the other side of the screen, so there shouldn't be too much time dedicated to drawing. Oh yeah, and yes, DJ, xLib. ;)

I might make it today depending when I get back and how much I have to do other wise it will be out tomorrow ;)

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 23, 2015, 02:34:08 PM
Quote from: Unicorn on July 23, 2015, 01:58:03 AM

I might make it today depending when I get back and how much I have to do other wise it will be out tomorrow ;)
Any time's fine ;)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Well I have 4 days until I go to camp for to weeks so...

Unicorn

Well, bye then I can use the regular emulator, but I would have to slow it down myself O.O

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I will give you a special version that has a variable at the start so you can speed it up or slow it down depending on if you need it slower to see all the mechanics :)

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 23, 2015, 03:01:18 PM
I will give you a special version that has a variable at the start so you can speed it up or slow it down depending on if you need it slower to see all the mechanics :)

Oh, mucho coolio! Thanks a ton :)

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

Did you mean to give me karma for the last message?

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 23, 2015, 03:09:44 PM
Did you mean to give me karma for the last message?
Yes! Anyways, I think I might end up needing to make the squares smaller :(

??? ??? ??? ??? ???