Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Hmm...Brainstorm w/ me?

Started by Dudeman313, October 24, 2016, 10:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman313

I have a working Panasonic landline handset w/ a damaged speaker, a Nokia E63 with a damaged LCD, and an RCA recording and playback device.
What can I make if I take em all apart and try to fit things together?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

p2

I dont know those devices... but why don't you just get the broken parts and replace them? :) A broken speaker should be easy to replace ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

WholeWheatBagels

Make a terminator robot.

How you ask?
yes
Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

p2

Panasonic landline handset:Nokia E63RCA Player/Recorder
274,49€20€-60€???

you could fix that c an sell it and then buy a 3x2m picture, real oil painting, of a huge walrus :love:

Oooor you could create a little trolling c: :trollface:
call random number, dont say anythin, just record.
call next number, play the recorded last call.
record what guy N° 2 says.
when he hangs up, too, call random number 3
play the recorded answers/reactions of caller 2
and so on...

would cost a lot of money... but might be fun :3
(making it completely automated) ^^

• Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Dudeman313

My mom thinks I'm too irresponsible to get my Nokia fixed, so I'm stuck here.
I need a device I can see my texts from as well as listen to music and hear who's calling.

EDIT: Plus, i'm 13 and totally broke.
The answer is "Sure."

p2

you know what? c this c! Such situations only tend to make me angry as I've been throught them myself a lot. Send me a pm with your adress and I'm gonna send you some money (but It'll be euros). Or maybe a friend's adress or whatever, I dont care (I guess your parents wont be happy if you give your adress away) It wont be enough money to get the best super cool stuff but at least a little bit that might help you. (like 50€ or something like that I guess). And nope, I don't want it back. Never.
"I learned to give not because I have much but because I know exactly how it feels to have nothing."

novenary

I don't think that's a good idea at all. Don't get in the way of parental education.

As for the main question, I don't think you can do much with the little experience you have. Fixing that Nokia with a different LCD than the original one would require additional hardware which is a lot more expensive. And you have to factor in the development time, it's pretty complex, wouldn't recommend it to you.
The other two devices are basically useless for your problem.
Negotiate with your mom to get your phone fixed or replaced, that's your best bet.

p2

allright I admit I probabky shouldn mess with this. :/

But as long as it's only a financial issue and your parents would allow getting it fixed but you'd have to pay it yourself, I'll still give you the money.
btw there are cheap phones (no touch ones for enough for SMS and calling friends) for ~40$ if fixing it would cost to much.

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, to be fair, while I had some money when I was 13 my mom had full control on what I bought with it for obvious reasons. Otherwise I would have spent it on useless stuff maybe. It would also have been a problem if I started buying stuff that I ended up spending too much time with and ruined my grades. SO I can totally understand your parents if they don't want to give you money or something.

Another issue is that bringing a phone at school, especially if you live in a crime-ridden neighborhood, can make you an easy target for muggers and thieves. So in such case, buying an expensive phone would be a very bad idea.

The only thing I am against, though, is when parents disallow their kids to use any technology solely because of religious motives or crap like that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

I don't know how one could make even something that looks cool with only those 3 things.

If she is willing to buy you spare parts then you could try to repair your phone by buying a brand new LCD on ebay :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-SHIP-for-Nokia-E63-E71-E72-Original-LCD-Display-Screen-Unit-Tool-ZVLS227-/300489673100?hash=item45f694898c%3Ag%3An4cAAOSw7ThUqjmx
It's only 10$ so i don't think she will mind, especially if you can repair it.

I have lots of working spare phones here (all of them Androids).
I could give you one if you live in the French Caribeens... (its never going to happen lol)

i pity you tho, you almost make me cry.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dudeman313

I'm going to reply to all.

Quote from: p2 on October 26, 2016, 11:45:20 AM
you know what? f*** this s***! Such situations only tend to make me angry as I've been throught them myself a lot. Send me a pm with your adress and I'm gonna send you some money (but It'll be euros). Or maybe a friend's adress or whatever, I dont care (I guess your parents wont be happy if you give your adress away) It wont be enough money to get the best super cool stuff but at least a little bit that might help you. (like 50€ or something like that I guess). And nope, I don't want it back. Never.
"I learned to give not because I have much but because I know exactly how it feels to have nothing."
Ya, I like free money, but I live in NY and can't convert euros unsuspiciously.

Quote from: Streetwalrus on October 26, 2016, 12:57:49 PM
I don't think that's a good idea at all. Don't get in the way of parental education.

As for the main question, I don't think you can do much with the little experience you have. Fixing that Nokia with a different LCD than the original one would require additional hardware which is a lot more expensive. And you have to factor in the development time, it's pretty complex, wouldn't recommend it to you.
The other two devices are basically useless for your problem.
Negotiate with your mom to get your phone fixed or replaced, that's your best bet.
True, but I'm never gonna get that to happen...

Quote from: p2 on October 26, 2016, 01:29:48 PM
allright I admit I probabky shouldn mess with this. :/

But as long as it's only a financial issue and your parents would allow getting it fixed but you'd have to pay it yourself, I'll still give you the money.
btw there are cheap phones (no touch ones for enough for SMS and calling friends) for ~40$ if fixing it would cost to much.
That's real nice of you :)

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 27, 2016, 04:41:37 AM
Well, to be fair, while I had some money when I was 13 my mom had full control on what I bought with it for obvious reasons. Otherwise I would have spent it on useless stuff maybe. It would also have been a problem if I started buying stuff that I ended up spending too much time with and ruined my grades. SO I can totally understand your parents if they don't want to give you money or something.

Another issue is that bringing a phone at school, especially if you live in a crime-ridden neighborhood, can make you an easy target for muggers and thieves. So in such case, buying an expensive phone would be a very bad idea.

The only thing I am against, though, is when parents disallow their kids to use any technology solely because of religious motives or crap like that.
4 of 5 students in my school own an iPhone or Samsung. Horseheads is like a village. There's no crime here; people hardly know it exists...My mom just thinks I'm irresponsible.

Quote from: gameblabla on October 27, 2016, 05:00:11 AM
I don't know how one could make even something that looks cool with only those 3 things.

If she is willing to buy you spare parts then you could try to repair your phone by buying a brand new LCD on ebay :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-SHIP-for-Nokia-E63-E71-E72-Original-LCD-Display-Screen-Unit-Tool-ZVLS227-/300489673100?hash=item45f694898c%3Ag%3An4cAAOSw7ThUqjmx
It's only 10$ so i don't think she will mind, especially if you can repair it.

I have lots of working spare phones here (all of them Androids).
I could give you one if you live in the French Caribeens... (its never going to happen lol)

i pity you tho, you almost make me cry.
Can you mail it? Pleeeeease? Because a phone would a better help then money, 'cause I can't buy a phone inconspicuosly.

The answer is "Sure."

gameblabla

Can you mail it? Pleeeeease? Because a phone would a better help then money, 'cause I can't buy a phone inconspicuosly.
Hmm,okay fine i give up to your cuteness sweetie.
I will see if i can send it to you but no promise. (i don't have my car right now so i will send it a week or two after)
Here's the phone i will give you :

I will also send it with a micro usb cable that you can use it to recharge it. (because i'm guessing you don't have one)
It's quite a basic phone but you can use it to browse the web, text, play some games...
It's rooted btw and the phone can go up to 800Mhz.

You want it @Dudeman313 ?
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dudeman313

Quote from: gameblabla on October 29, 2016, 02:18:47 AM

I will also send it with a micro usb cable that you can use it to recharge it. (because i'm guessing you don't have one)
It's quite a basic phone but you can use it to browse the web, text, play some games...
It's rooted btw and the phone can go up to 800Mhz.

You want it @Dudeman313 ?
I would ask you for a better one, but beggars can't be choosers, right?
I'll take it. I do own a number of micro usb cables, but one more can't hurt. Unless that's the only one you own, and in that case, keep it. Is it unlocked? My SIM is T-Mobile. I would also like to know what browser and which version of Android. It looks old enough to run Gingerbread.  O.O

EDIT: Just PM me, @gameblabla . It'd be easier, and this topic has already gone enough off-topic.
The answer is "Sure."

p2

Uuuh right that reminds me...
I'd have a touch phone for you, too (a Samsung one).
Only problem: The girl that gave it to me said her brother (it was his) hasnt used it for >1 year and cant remember the pass...
Asked him myself, he really doesnt xD
Already tried like 4000 combinations manually... :P
I just hope it's 4-digit at all... <_<
any suggestions? ^^

kotu

Quote from: Jkolade936 on October 24, 2016, 10:50:25 AM
I have a working Panasonic landline handset w/ a damaged speaker, a Nokia E63 with a damaged LCD, and an RCA recording and playback device.
What can I make if I take em all apart and try to fit things together?
a RCA recording and playback device
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk