Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

No we don't have that many guests online

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, February 15, 2020, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Since the last few months, there have been either an influx of bots crawling the forums, a small number of bots changing their IP address every three second while crawling CW or both. This resulted into ridiculously high numbers showing up in the online users section. To reflect our real population, a new category of user has been created¨: Other bots, which now includes the aforementioned bots. We normally average around 30 real users online within a 30 minute span.

QuoteOnline: 260 Guests, 1 User (239 Spiders)  - Most Online Today: 709 -  Most Online Ever: 2,055 (January 20, 2020, 02:54:04 pm)
Users active in past 30 minutes: DJ Omnimaga, Yandex (2), Other bots (230), Google (6), Baidu

Thankfully, this influx of bots doesn't appear to have caused any forum uptime disruption (except of course during the 1 PM database backups).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Even the bots agree, 10/10
Quote from: dfsservices on February 21, 2020, 02:45:03 AMHello I agree with "Since the last few months, there have been either an influx of bots crawling the forums, a small number of bots changing their IP address every three second while crawling CW or both. This resulted into ridiculously high numbers showing up in the online users section. To reflect our real population, a new category of user has been created¨: Other bots, which now includes the aforementioned bots. We normally average around 30 real users online within a 30 minute span."

Thanks For Sharing this news .
I am Woring with DFS Services .
More Information - dfsservice s.co.in/security-camera
dfsservice s.co.in/home-security-system
dfsservice s.co.in
dfsservice s.co.in
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on February 21, 2020, 04:03:52 AMEven the bots agree, 10/10
Quote from: dfsservices on February 21, 2020, 02:45:03 AMHello I agree with "Since the last few months, there have been either an influx of bots crawling the forums, a small number of bots changing their IP address every three second while crawling CW or both. This resulted into ridiculously high numbers showing up in the online users section. To reflect our real population, a new category of user has been created¨: Other bots, which now includes the aforementioned bots. We normally average around 30 real users online within a 30 minute span."

Thanks For Sharing this news .
I am Woring with DFS Services .
More Information - dfsservice s.co.in/security-camera
dfsservice s.co.in/home-security-system
dfsservice s.co.in
dfsservice s.co.in
I removed the links, though, in case they can detonate computers on which they're opened.

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U