Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

KILL CMND [TI-84+CE]

Started by kotu, September 13, 2016, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotu

one idea that could result in this is an idea i had a while ago of having F5 as an alternative 'help' key (F1 is the default)

but that idea wasn't that great really

think it's gonna be 14

* kotu cries in shame
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Hayleia

Don't worry, you still beat the number of official keys, Topaze has 14 keys but only 12 officially :P
(except if I forgot some but I don't think so).

Dream of Omnimaga

14 seems fine for a strategy game. After all, expert players will prefer key shortcuts instead of navigating in menus :)

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

• Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

Dream of Omnimaga

I think Starcraft II uses  the entire keyboard O.O

It's possible to play with just the mouse, but you'll lose most online games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Hayleia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on November 26, 2016, 06:01:28 PM
14 seems fine for a strategy game. After all, expert players will prefer key shortcuts instead of navigating in menus :)
Yeah, that's why there are 4 "wasted" keys on Topaze when selecting an action in battle. You use 4 keys on the numpad to select if you attack, use an object, change your pokemon or run away. This could have been implemented with arrow keys and 2nd(A) but I liked that better (plus, it's legacy from the Basic version so it's kind of an allusion to the first version too).

kotu

ok enough talking about keys!

i have completed a PDF which will go with the game when it is completed which you can now read... here....
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vi02opubk17rpcu/kill_cmnd_pdf.pdf

also I plan to issue a 'example' of what is coming, not really a demo, just basically what you have seen in the gifs so far, with a few minor touches. Because @p2 was complaining a bit. Ha ha! Would rather do this than release a 'almost complete' version

Enjoy your read! and have a nice day
love kotu

*edit
modified link

p2

mo complaining only means that I'm interested in the project, so that's actually a good sign ^^

btw telling the players they're expected to die normally isn't the best motivation ;D
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

kotu

Quote from: p2 on November 27, 2016, 02:32:35 PM
mo complaining only means that I'm interested in the project, so that's actually a good sign ^^

btw telling the players they're expected to die normally isn't the best motivation ;D

i only care about myself p2

kotu

do you want to play through the tutorial section you have already seen on gif? if not i wont upload anything but in that case i WONT be uploading anything until everything is complete.  i only care about myself AND you would be able to control lots of units etc

it would spoil the thing-type-bit-of-c-stuff-game. i mean game

p2

hmmm i dont know I think you should rather concentrate on finishing the entire game then :) I'll wait for it :) but thx ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

kotu

Quote from: p2 on November 27, 2016, 03:47:08 PM
hmmm i dont know I think you should rather concentrate on finishing the entire game then :) I'll wait for it :) but thx ^^
you can playtest versions as they come but not public posting them.

did you think the book is ****

p2

the colorset is kind of weird but else I liked it :)
also
try to make text boxes like tihs:

TEXT

(add some empty space around the text inside the boxes, that way they look much nicer and you can read the text easier ;)

kotu

are you serious

they want to make a film

Dream of Omnimaga

I think he means how in the PDF, there's an huge white frame surrounding the text area, while the text has the greeen background. I'm unsure if it's an Adobe bug or intentional, though.

Anyway @kotu you should stop getting mad or attacking anyone that gives constructive suggestions or criticism about your projects. That's what project showcase is for to a certain extent, after all. If you don't want any suggestions then fine, don't implement them, but don't jump on people who are doing only the normal thing any forum member on the entire Internet would do.

If you want people to continue caring about this project, then have respect for them. Thank you.