Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+] Line++ [Axe]

Started by Snektron, July 24, 2015, 12:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

I had some spare time while on vacation where i could lend my little brothers laptop. After i had downloaded the necessary tools over our 100 slow free wifi hotspot, i decided to clone a little game we had been playing (one more line).

It remembers your highscore and the number of times you died too :D
Also, i added a few performance settings.

Tell me what you think  ;D
Also, "Line++" "one more line". See what i did there?  ;D

how did i clone again? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Awesome O.O If I use my 84+ for games again this will be my top one, it looks amazing ;) (I love the camera movement)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Ivoah

Nice job! I really like the menu style and overall feel of the game. How long did it take to program?
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

Snektron

Quote from: alexgt on July 24, 2015, 01:26:33 PM
Awesome O.O If I use my 84+ for games again this will be my top one, it looks amazing ;) (I love the camera movement)
Quote from: Ivoah on July 24, 2015, 01:48:49 PM
Nice job! I really like the menu style and overall feel of the game. How long did it take to program?
Thanks! :3
I made it over the course of like 1.5 weeks, but i was also on vacation so i didn'tt work on it every day

Unicorn

Yes, that is awesome! Its in gray-scale to? And nice, in 1.5 weeks O.O
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome. THis was added to the downloads section. Mind if I add tags to the topic title? :) (only staff can clone topics but you can request a clone)

Also I like the idea. I assume you have to grab the circles above you with your grappling hook without touching them yourself?

You should put it on ticalc.org.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

utz

Wow, that looks great. I'm always amazed how much speed you can get out of Axe. Need to try it myself one day.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+, TI-85, TI-86, TI-92+, Sharp PC-1403

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on July 31, 2015, 06:01:25 AM
Awesome.
Quote from: utz on July 31, 2015, 08:49:17 AM
Wow, that looks great. I'm always amazed how much speed you can get out of Axe. Need to try it myself one day.

Thanks! :)

THis was added to the downloads section. Mind if I add tags to the topic title? :) (only staff can clone topics but you can request a clone)

Go ahead! I was too lazy to do it at the time :P

Also I like the idea. I assume you have to grab the circles above you with your grappling hook without touching them yourself?

You should put it on ticalc.org.

Yup an yup. I'll do that soon

Unicorn

I still need to download this.... :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

If I can find my 83+ at home, I should try it too
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

That reminds me, I wonder if such game would be fast enough on the TI-84+CSE? Since there isn't much details and it mostly involves scrolling left and right with circles moving up and down, could you take advantage of the horizontal hardware scrolling? On the CE it wouldn't be an issue due to fast screen but I was wondering about the slower CSE?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I would download it if that was feasable :P But I doubt it, its fairly fast.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 10, 2015, 03:35:38 AM
That reminds me, I wonder if such game would be fast enough on the TI-84+CSE? Since there isn't much details and it mostly involves scrolling left and right with circles moving up and down, could you take advantage of the horizontal hardware scrolling? On the CE it wouldn't be an issue due to fast screen but I was wondering about the slower CSE?

Hmm i doubt it. There's actually a fair bit of drawing done, and a few sine, cosine and tan's too. *Mabe* in a faster language like asm, but it'd still be slower than  this. Maybe if i remove the black side things though. Anyway i'm not planning on making it :P

Dream of Omnimaga

I think Sin/Tan would be the same speed on the CSE, but if there are many pixels being updated for stuff that isn't horizontal scrolling, then that could cause issues. It would definitively have to be in ASM for sure.. And I see :P

Do you plan to work on another project nowadays? *cough* update post notifier to start on phone startup and have a better Walrii icon :P*cough*

Unicorn

lol, iPhone support would be nice to have... :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???