Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-83+/84+] Hero Core

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 11:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keoni29

Quote from: Eiyeron on December 03, 2014, 11:25:15 AM
Yeah, z-addressing is a neat trick that allow us to optimize quite a few things! I love this trick!

Nice UI, I hope this can fit into my 84 and that I'll be able to test if I can make bleeps on it! :thumbsup:
Did you find some spare time to work on the tracker yet?
If you like my work, why not give me an internet?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I just got free time today. Family travels and meetings. I'm fed up with these already for the next years to come.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Just 1 hour of travel/family meeting and you're tired of them already? *.* Just kidding. Actually this tracker would be nice since it would make it easier for Keoni to make Herocore music. Would the music require special hardware like the SID chip, by the way?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Iirc the tracker is made for the timid chip (which can be built for cheap).

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. I was wondering because the issue is that many people live in remote areas where getting parts is hard and some might not be enough into calcs to devote extra money and effort to buy a special chip for a calculator game. It would be nice, though.

Heck, maybe one day Keoni29 could do like Tangrs with his Nspire dock connector thing and sell TI add-ons that fits in all Flash Z80 models :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Hmmm I heard selling kits is a pain, pre assembled products even more because you need to actually assemble it. :P So yeah unless Keoni wants to get himself into this I don't think it will happen.
Besides getting your hands on an arduino (even a cheap clone) is pretty easy. You're extremely unlucky if you can't.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Even I got one, it's actually easy to get them. I got some neat nano clones on dx.com if you feel lazy to search.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

novenary

Yeah ebay is a good source too. I only have a raspberry pi but I also want an Arduino and an fpga board. The raspi is currently occupied with my gamecube tho. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 30, 2014, 07:59:50 PM
Hmmm I heard selling kits is a pain, pre assembled products even more because you need to actually assemble it. :P So yeah unless Keoni wants to get himself into this I don't think it will happen.
Besides getting your hands on an arduino (even a cheap clone) is pretty easy. You're extremely unlucky if you can't.
Indeed. Just see how long it is taking before Pier Solar reprint gets shipped. I pre-ordered it 2 years ago and it's still being delayed today (although most copies are now assembled). Also if TI ever changes the calculator case then he needs to redo the mold so that it still fits.

Also Keoni happens to live outside United States, so getting the required parts shipped to him will cost much more than if he lived in the Land of Free Shipping Stores of 'Murica.

Keoni29

Thats why I decided to use the arduino for this. It is widely available and a lot of people already own one.

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't even think the local gadget stores have them, but again we never know. I avoid them lately because they went onto a pressure sales tactic rampage (like 5 times worse than expensive clothing stores)

Keoni29

Learning SDL so I can write a level editor in C++ :D

novenary

Nice ! Are you going to release the editor so that we can make custom levels ? That would add some replay value to the game. :)

Keoni29

Yes, that was the plan. I the source is available on my github page: http://github.com/keoni29/cedit
I would like to play user-submitted levels so I can explorer unknown worlds myself as well.

Dream of Omnimaga

Good luck with the level editor Keoni29.It would definitively be a big plus. :) (providing that the game comes out)

Maybe I could try to port Metroid Evolution maps to Herocore :trollface: