Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CE] Oiram CE

Started by MateoConLechuga, September 10, 2016, 07:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalacticPirate

A few remarks:
-The star lasts way too short, I've noticed that in level 3, I think you should add 3-4 more seconds :p
-The Pirhana plants and fire Piranha plants shouldn't be able to go out from their pipes while you are on it or simply toouching it.
-That leads us to the main point: the Fire Pirhana Plants are completely BROKEN. In levels 4 and 5 that makes impossible to cross some paths unless you justbruteforce it by using some items. The fireballs are waaaay too fast and can cross bricks and even ground, which should not be possible. Furthermore, the plants themselves also go in and out their pipes way too fast. And finally, the fireballs' hitboxes are Strange and broken. in the same exact spot in the brick block stairs in level 5, Mario sometimes get killed while the fireballs are like, 2 millimeters away from Mario.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: STV on January 08, 2017, 03:59:50 PM
A few remarks:
-The star lasts way too short, I've noticed that in level 3, I think you should add 3-4 more seconds :p
-The Pirhana plants and fire Piranha plants shouldn't be able to go out from their pipes while you are on it or simply toouching it.
-That leads us to the main point: the Fire Pirhana Plants are completely BROKEN. In levels 4 and 5 that makes impossible to cross some paths unless you justbruteforce it by using some items. The fireballs are waaaay too fast and can cross bricks and even ground, which should not be possible. Furthermore, the plants themselves also go in and out their pipes way too fast. And finally, the fireballs' hitboxes are Strange and broken. in the same exact spot in the brick block stairs in level 5, Mario sometimes get killed while the fireballs are like, 2 millimeters away from Mario.
The main reason that it is impossible is because you stink at playing :P If it is so BROKEN BROKEN then maybe you should fix it. Learn how to make a pull request.

Anywho, sure I'll fix those bugs. Also yeah DJ, Pieman reported the same thing, I'm rewriting a large portion of the level editor.

kotu

erre er

mateo was baing naughty
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

This reminds me how neither juju nor his bro could get past world 1 in SMB1 and I could reach 8-3 in a breeze. Kids these days... :trollface:

8-3 on the other hand is freaking annoying, though, with those hammer bros <_<

As for pirhanna plants I didn't mind the speed and fireballs going through walls, but yeah them going out of pipes even when standing on them in kind of an issue :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 08, 2017, 05:37:47 PM
This reminds me how neither juju nor his bro could get past world 1 in SMB1 and I could reach 8-3 in a breeze. Kids these days... :trollface:

8-3 on the other hand is freaking annoying, though, with those hammer bros <_<

As for pirhanna plants I didn't mind the speed and fireballs going through walls, but yeah them going out of pipes even when standing on them in kind of an issue :P
Well technically they come out when you are standing on them. When you are beside them though the counter restarts. Personally I found this to be annoying though; it's a lot harder to time anything.

GalacticPirate

I promise I was sometimes killed as small Mario in these stairs :P And I was kinda frustrated to be killed by a Pirhana plant just after passing an annoying portion of the level :P Thank you at least for replying :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

MateoConLechuga

I know I'm making the hitbox a little smaller just in case :) Thanks for the bug reports, I really like them but I also hate them :p

Dream of Omnimaga

So I just tried the update from Jan 8th and it's quite easier to play with the control options. :) As I said before, awesome job on this game :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

MateoConLechuga

Added some updates, links will be updated as soon as the update on the archives is later than the date this was posted.

- Fixed [mode] control switch bug
- Falling blocks no longer fall instantly, they wait for a bit and then fall
- Jumping must be performed by pressing the jump button, can no longer just hold
- The counter counts down from 600 and Oiram fails once it reaches 0
- Bounding boxes on fireballs has been fixed
- When crouching and being forced through blocks, movement is in the facing direction
- Falling shells on top of Oiram are kicked rather than cause a fail
- Shells work properly on slopes and move faster
- Shells, tail, and fireballs no longer affect Reswob
- Star lasts longer

Level Editor fixes:

- Toggle grid option
- Added ability to export level image
- Less memory overhead
- Fixed bug with corrupted levels caused by pipes
- Shouldn't trigger antivirus software anymore
- Smaller program zipped size

Now can I please be left in peace :P

Dream of Omnimaga

@MateoConLechuga I tried the new level editor and it still crashes when I try to open my level pack D: . I assume you need to repair the appvar yourself?

JWinslow23

Regarding Piranha Plants and Venus Fire Traps (yes, that's their name), they are not supposed to come out when you are within 1 block of the pipe from which they come, or if you are standing on top of them. Within the code, they do spawn, but until you move sufficiently away, they stay in their spots.

And the fire IS supposed to go through bricks and ground. Here's fire-proof (recorded on an emulator):

However, the Piranha Plants, if you are within 1 block of them, or on top of them, are supposed to wait to come out no matter what:

MateoConLechuga

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 12, 2017, 11:22:52 PM
@MateoConLechuga I tried the new level editor and it still crashes when I try to open my level pack D: . I assume you need to repair the appvar yourself?
I just sent you a PM with your fixed level pack. Looks really nice! :)

JWinslow: Hm okay then :)

gameblabla

Tried the game yesterday and i was very surprised by how smooth it is.
It's best played on real hardware though... controls suck on CEmu unless i use something like AntiMicro.
I wish there was something like the Wondercoin for the TI 84 CE

Perhaps i should make a libSDL port of Oiram and port it back to the Nspire... but it looks like it's going to be a little tricky...  ;D

Nice job
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Is Antimicro one of those softwares that lets you map a gamepad to anything? I remember using something like that for Wabbitemu, but unfortunately for some reasons it did not work with the d-pad on my Saitek gamepad, so I was forced to use my analog sticks <_<

Oiram for the Nspire would rule, even though it already got PocketSNES and NESpire, because it would be the first original Nspire game release in two years.
Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 13, 2017, 12:45:34 AM
Regarding Piranha Plants and Venus Fire Traps (yes, that's their name), they are not supposed to come out when you are within 1 block of the pipe from which they come, or if you are standing on top of them. Within the code, they do spawn, but until you move sufficiently away, they stay in their spots.

And the fire IS supposed to go through bricks and ground. Here's fire-proof (recorded on an emulator):

However, the Piranha Plants, if you are within 1 block of them, or on top of them, are supposed to wait to come out no matter what:

Regarding Pirahana plants, something to keep in mind is that in SMB2J there were two kinds of them and one of them actually came out of pipes even when you were next to them. Maybe Mateo is going for SMB2J style?

EDIT Mateo I tried the fixed level and it works perfectly. Thank you a lot :D

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 13, 2017, 07:04:51 AM
Is Antimicro one of those softwares that lets you map a gamepad to anything? I remember using something like that for Wabbitemu, but unfortunately for some reasons it did not work with the d-pad on my Saitek gamepad, so I was forced to use my analog sticks <_<

Oiram for the Nspire would rule, even though it already got PocketSNES and NESpire, because it would be the first original Nspire game release in two years.
Quote from: JWinslow23 on January 13, 2017, 12:45:34 AM

Regarding Pirahana plants, something to keep in mind is that in SMB2J there were two kinds of them and one of them actually came out of pipes even when you were next to them. Maybe Mateo is going for SMB2J style?

EDIT Mateo I tried the fixed level and it works perfectly. Thank you a lot :D
Yes, I remember those Red Piranha Plants; however, given the art style, powerup choice, and game mechanics that work already, I doubt that he meant for that to be the behavior.